(Some) Segmented scoring displays on pre-DMD type B2S's are now missing...

TT11

Hello all,

This is a bit of a strange one and I hope that you can follow my question,  I think the correct term I should use is "Some segmented scoring displays on the pre-DMD type B2S's are now missing".

Basically I have Freezy and Lucky1 all up and running fine for my DMD based tables with colourisations - BUT - some of my older segmented scoring pre-DMD type B2S's are now only showing the backglass and no score display......  Must admit with a cab full of 650+ tables I am not sure when the problem started as many of the tables don't get played much.....  May have been since updating B2S Server a few weeks back.

Basically, some of my late 80's/early 90's tables like Space Station, Whirlwind, Raven, Rapid Fire etc. start the table and B2S but no scoring is  showing on the backglass.  They all used to be fine.  It is not all of these era tables, just some like the ones mentioned above.  I can add coins, start and play these tables with balls launching, playing and sounds but just no scoring is showing up.

No amount of fiddling can get the scoring to show up on these B2S's unless I start altering to using "External .DLL" in VPinMame, and even then, some of the scoring displays seem to be cut off with some of the lines not showing the whole line of scoring text.  For the tables above that have had updated B2S's they launch fine with scoring - BUT - In the case of Raiden, I really liked the Fantasy Backglass that had the girl in the skimpy bikini with the huge boobies!!

Has anyone had this happen and been able to pinpoint what caused the score to no longer display?  I am in the process of checking for newer/updated B2S's, but some of these backglasses have not been touched or updated in years.

I experimented with going back to 1.3.0.1 of the B2S Server and you can guess the answer.....

All my scoring 'reappeared' in place.

Whirlwind, Raven, Rapid Fire, 250cc  All the faulty ones......