lost at: "try to reregister the B2S.Server instance for which you have installed DOF"

• Content Provider

I think I have exactly the problem described in "Before asking for help..."

The point "check b2S server installations" because "If the B2S.Server is working (backglass visible), but DOF is not visible in the settings window, your problem is probably that you have more than one B2S.Server instance on your machine" is exactly, what I experience and have actually made a new B2S installation lately.

But, my problem, how to RE-register the B2S.Server and choose a certain instance? When I run the B2SserverRegisterApp.exe it does something, but I have no dialoque or something to select from...

Edit: and yes, I saw that before and wondered, the plugins settings is greyed out...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

So I reply to myself, cause I found out something with the help of Richard at the VPX fb group.

I cite him:
"Yes, you can search in the registry using regedit (GUI) or search on the command line:

reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes /s /f B2S

Do not get scared, it will log different parts of B2S = many lines. You only need to compare the "CodeBase" part. If it is registered in many places."

My reply:

"Problem not solved, but your advice got me some steps further, what's up in my setup.

Finally had time to check it out. Had about 30 instances all in the same (wrong) folder. So I reinstalled b2S to the coorect one and now this instance appears in the regisrty AND the plugins button is not greyed out anymore in the B2S settings.

To be safe I re-registered the DOF com object. So, seems to be the correct b2S instance is now started from VPX, BUT:

- DOF isn`t listed in the b2S plugins

- DOF doesn`t run with vpx

- DOF is basically working for other apps, but only not for VPX/B2S

So I THINK, DOF is still pointing to the wrong instance of B2S.

So my question, should I delete all wrong instances. I don`t know how, but maybe ok to rename/delete the wrong folder? Or do you have another tip for me?"

My solution or what solved my problem:
Yes, by doing the above, I saw I have actually many many instances in all the same (wrong) folders. Did reinstall cleanly the b2s server (the plugin button wasn't greyed out anymore so one step further). Renamed the wrong b2s folder. Got the backup of my old DOFconfig folder, a new shortcut placed ito my tables/plugins folder and all was ok again.