[New VPX Alert]Cirqus Voltaire (BALLY 1997)

• Administrators

Cirqus Voltaire (BALLY 1997)

'***************************************************
'CIRQUS VOLTAIRE (BALLY 1997)
'Concept by:    John Popadiuk
'Design by:    John Popadiuk, Cameron Silver
'Art by:    Linda Deal (aka Doane)
'Dots/Animation by:    Adam Rhine, Brian Morris
'Mechanics by:    Jack Skalon, Louis Toy
'Music by:    Rob Berry, Dave Zabriskie
'Sound by:    Rob Berry
'Software by:    Cameron Silver
'Rebuild for Visual Pinball by
'Knorr, Clark Kent, Randr, Dark
'Special Thanks to
'JPSalas, Ninuzzo, Flupper, Gigagula, Thalamus, G5K,
'Toxie, Fuzzel and the VPX Dev Team
'V1.1 - Fixed some insert lamps (thx to skitso
'        Brighter Playfield DMD
'        Added missing BellSound
'        Added missing Post (next to RM target)
'V1.0 - First Release

• 1 year later...

The table colors and graphic quality is awesome on this table but I only have table sounds when playing.  I've checked that "Use Sound" is turned on.  Deleted the ROM name related file out of the PimMAME/nvram and PimMAME/cfg folders, restared VPX and still no music.  I even switched from the cv_20h ROM to cv_13 ROM and edited the table script file to reflect that.  Still no music sounds.  My Medieval Madness VPX table had the same issue and swapping out the ROM fixed it.  I'm not sure what to check next on this table go get the music working.  Thanks!

13 minutes ago, tiger86 said:

The table colors and graphic quality is awesome on this table but I only have table sounds when playing.  I've checked that "Use Sound" is turned on.  Deleted the ROM name related file out of the PimMAME/nvram and PimMAME/cfg folders, restared VPX and still no music.  I even switched from the cv_20h ROM to cv_13 ROM and edited the table script file to reflect that.  Still no music sounds.  My Medieval Madness VPX table had the same issue and swapping out the ROM fixed it.  I'm not sure what to check next on this table go get the music working.  Thanks!

start game. hit the END key to open the coin door. Hit the 9 key and 8 key to raise/lower rom volume. End key to close door.

On 8/14/2023 at 8:53 AM, tiger86 said:

I fixed the issue by adding the "parent" ROM to my roms folder.  Now I have music sounds.

Just had the same issue when downloading this again and finding no rom sounds and wracking my brain for an hour trying to troubleshoot the issue. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2023 at 10:53 AM, tiger86 said:

I fixed the issue by adding the "parent" ROM to my roms folder.  Now I have music sounds.

pls help complete noob here idk what this means, i have game rom and sound rom game works but no music idk if i need to rename it to something specific but i feel like i've tried everything

On 8/13/2023 at 2:51 PM, Cliffy said:

start game. hit the END key to open the coin door. Hit the 9 key and 8 key to raise/lower rom volume. End key to close door.

22 minutes ago, zushii said:

pls help complete noob here idk what this means, i have game rom and sound rom game works but no music idk if i need to rename it to something specific but i feel like i've tried everything

see above

9 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

Ok did you hit F1 and make sure "use sound" is checked?

yeah, i believe it's the parent rom issue that tiger had i just dont even know what a parent rom is, i downloaded the table and sound rom from ipdb

Edited by zushii

8 minutes ago, zushii said:

yeah, i believe it's the parent rom issue that tiger had i just dont even know what a parent rom is, i downloaded the table and sound rom from ipdb

Right. Each game has a base version which is the parent rom. bug fixes or enhancements are sub versioned and only contain the specific rom that needed enhancing or fixing. You can tell by looking at the file sizes in explorer. The biggest sized rom is usually the parent. So the game needs the base software first and then any addons via subversion roms.

cv-roms.jpg

42 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

Right. Each game has a base version which is the parent rom. bug fixes or enhancements are sub versioned and only contain the specific rom that needed enhancing or fixing. You can tell by looking at the file sizes in explorer. The biggest sized rom is usually the parent. So the game needs the base software first and then any addons via subversion roms.

cv-roms.jpg

Thanks for the help, apparently the parent rom I needed wasn't even on the ipdb link I had to just google it and get it off wowroms but it works now :)