possible VPU Download Counter issue?

Hello,

I don't know, if it is a common issue or if I am too stupid.

During the last days I recognized that the download counter seems to count video files twice.

After pressing "download" the 45 seconds-countdown runs down, then the video is opened in the browser. Then I use the option "Save video as..." and save it to my local disk.

Yesterday I was wondering because the download limit was reached, but I didn't download so many files for sure.

Today I downloaded three other videos again, and the counter was reduced by six downloads.

So, anyone having the same issue?

Thanks

pinking

• Administrators

Hmm, that does sound like a possible bug with the software.  I'll have to look and see what's causing it.

It's a 24 hour revolving clock... So if you download a file on 06/16 at 4:14AM. That download will not rotate off until 07/17 at 4:14AM. 

• Administrators

I just did a couple tests...  I haven't been able to duplicate this. Why would the video be opening in the browser?  I tested a couple in Chrome and once the counter hits 0 the download starts and downloads to my downloads folder. 

I think there is something with how your browser is handling the initial download.

How exactly are you downloading?  Are you trying multiple files at a time?  

Thanks for your very fast answer.

I am using Firefox and did some testing too.

If I just click the Download-button (the grey one in the opening window), the file is opened in the browser, the video is played. And then I have to right-click the video and use the "save as"-option. with this method the download is counted twice.

As workaround I can right-click the grey download-button in the opening window directly and select "save as...". With this method the download is counted once. But then there is another issue, the download countdown doesn't show up and the download starts at once. This is no problem for me, but perhaps for you.

Yes, I also sometimes have more than one download in the 45-second-waiting-queue, but that doesn't change anything in the behaviour. At least as far as I can estimate.