DMD in non-VR specific tables?

Having a ball of a time finally giving VPVR a go.  I've download a few of the hybrid tables from VPW and am just blown away.

Question on getting DMD to show in the non-VR tables though.. The tables themselves open just fine (Pinball Magic is great!!!!) but i'm not seeing the DMD anywhere with my headset.

Does this need to be manually placed?  I've seen a few other threads where people say go to Preferences -> Keys, Nudge, DOF and check: "Capture External DMD" and "Capture Backglass/PUI.  I have those checked and have restarted VPVR.

Next in game I'm able to see the DMD on my headset's output on my monitor but not in headset.  I hit F1 and for those settings I have: "Show DMD Window" and "Use External DMD Monitor" (i've tried checking and unchecking this option..) checked.  

I'm assuming it needs to be placed properly in 3D space or something?  Any insight in helpful.. there's so many tables I'd love to see but are hard to play without DMD!

feel free to direct me to a tutorial or video of there is one that exists.. i've scoured to no avail.

Edit: I should specify,  i'm using this version of VPVR: 

Here is the latest VPVR 10.7  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pveYFZnrhQvj1rNXFWWpvdAt1z8BdCGM/view?usp=sharing as posted in another topic related to VPVR.

Thank you!

Edited by spook

On 6/12/2022 at 4:36 PM, spook said:

Having a ball of a time finally giving VPVR a go.  I've download a few of the hybrid tables from VPW and am just blown away.

Question on getting DMD to show in the non-VR tables though.. The tables themselves open just fine (Pinball Magic is great!!!!) but i'm not seeing the DMD anywhere with my headset.

Does this need to be manually placed?  I've seen a few other threads where people say go to Preferences -> Keys, Nudge, DOF and check: "Capture External DMD" and "Capture Backglass/PUI.  I have those checked and have restarted VPVR.

Next in game I'm able to see the DMD on my headset's output on my monitor but not in headset.  I hit F1 and for those settings I have: "Show DMD Window" and "Use External DMD Monitor" (i've tried checking and unchecking this option..) checked.  

I'm assuming it needs to be placed properly in 3D space or something?  Any insight in helpful.. there's so many tables I'd love to see but are hard to play without DMD!

feel free to direct me to a tutorial or video of there is one that exists.. i've scoured to no avail.

Edit: I should specify,  i'm using this version of VPVR: 

Here is the latest VPVR 10.7  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pveYFZnrhQvj1rNXFWWpvdAt1z8BdCGM/view?usp=sharing as posted in another topic related to VPVR.

Thank you!

If the table has not been optimized for VR, like the tables labeled VR Room or Hybrid, then there is a good chance that they will be missing something like the backglass or DMD. If you are having this issue with a VR Room or Hybrid table try a later version of VPVR 10.7 as the version you are using will have issues switching between 10.6 and 10.7 tables and lose the DMD. Here is a later version https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WQmDs4xpMLX5wJqipzpd8VLtbIUxOBdL/view?usp=sharing  If you are aware that there would be this issue with non-VR specific tables and just want to fix them, I would have no idea how to do that :)