Unable to update table.

• Content Provider

Hi.

I mistakenly uploaded new version of Black Tiger table this morning, with the old table included in zip package.

(Making the zip file size double what it should be!!)

Well when I try to upload new version that has old table removed, I am unable to.

It says it is pending approval. But I know it has been approved already as people have been thanking me.

Also I can't see the new version numbers, or any new pics that I uploaded with all these new version tables I uploaded.

Capture.thumb.PNG.57ac6ba2eb794b5ffa61e3b59015eed9.PNG

• Administrators

That's all because the new version hadn't been approvded yet.  That banner will remain until until the new version has been approved.   It was a holiday in the US yesterday and we were not around to approve anything.

• Content Provider

Thanks for the info.

So all the tables everyone downloaded yesterday and thanked me for, were not my upgraded tables?

So all those people will need to re-download if they want the new upgraded table versions now?

Doesn't that seem a little strange to you?

Hope everyone had a safe Memorial Day.

• 5 months later...
  • Content Provider

@Dazz

Is there any way when a table is updated, to not let it go to the front of the updated tables section, and not let people download it, until it is approved by a moderator?

Capture.PNG.951fc8003ce6fb6f3d2d7bc854ede7fe.PNG

As it is, when a table is updated, and awaiting moderator approval, the file is placed at the top of updated tables section, and people are downloading thinking they are getting new version table, but they are downloading the old version, as the new version has not been approved by a moderator yet.

I don't mind it, but maybe others might when they have to come back and download table again because they downloaded old version, even though it showed in newly updated tables section at top of list.

(Makes me wonder if I have downloaded old versions of other peoples tables, when I see a new table in newly updated tables section.)

Or should I add a note on all of my tables pages to check the version number when downloading from newly updated tables section?

I have just finished updating all of my table mods to VPX7.2.

I converted Image Manager pics to webp format, and wav to ogg format in the Sound Manager, which cuts the file size way down on all of the mods!!

I will be staggering the uploading of them, so not to push anyone elses work off of the Downloads Home page.

I will upload a couple every 3 or 4 days.

All of the Site Exclusive NFL mods already have been uploaded to the 3 sites. (NFC North, AFC East, and AFC South teams)

I appreciate all the work being done on site.

Not an easy job.

Looking good!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Have a great weekend!

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Thalamus said:

I believe you are the only one that sees them, except people with admin status; until approved. I guess it is a good idea to take a good look at the update time stamp.

I don't think that is the case.

I can see the download total going up right after I update the table. at least 5 downloads on each one, before they were approved this morning.

The one table in pic above has only been downloaded 95 times since it was first uploaded, (It was at 90 downloads when I updated it.)

So me seeing download count go up by 5, is over a 5% increase in downloads in just the time I uploaded it this morning. before it was approved by a moderator. This cannot be coincidental. They have to be seeing it in the new updated tables section.

Also I have had someone thank me for the update in the comments section before, while update has not been approved by moderator, and I had to explain to them, that the file has not been approved yet, and to check the version number.  You can see post above where I had this same problem back in May during Memorial Day weekend.

So I don't think it is just me seeing these.

Here is post someone made right after I updated Jaguars table back on 19th of this month (A week ago)..

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/9358-nfl-stern-2001-jaguars/?do=findComment&comment=32348

You can see I tell them to check version number, as it has not been approved yet by moderator.

You can easily check this yourself. Just start a new incognito window in your browser. It will, or, I should say, should not contain any personal information or cache. So, you will be browsing the site as any "random guy". See if you see what you are claiming. Cntr+Shift+P on Firefox, Cntr+Shift+N if you run Chrome. I have no idea what Edge uses.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, xenonph said:

@Dazz

Is there any way when a table is updated, to not let it go to the front of the updated tables section, and not let people download it, until it is approved by a moderator?

Capture.PNG.951fc8003ce6fb6f3d2d7bc854ede7fe.PNG

As it is, when a table is updated, and awaiting moderator approval, the file is placed at the top of updated tables section, and people are downloading thinking they are getting new version table, but they are downloading the old version, as the new version has not been approved by a moderator yet.

I don't mind it, but maybe others might when they have to come back and download table again because they downloaded old version, even though it showed in newly updated tables section at top of list.

(Makes me wonder if I have downloaded old versions of other peoples tables, when I see a new table in newly updated tables section.)

Or should I add a note on all of my tables pages to check the version number when downloading from newly updated tables section?

I have just finished updating all of my table mods to VPX7.2.

I converted Image Manager pics to webp format, and wav to ogg format in the Sound Manager, which cuts the file size way down on all of the mods!!

I will be staggering the uploading of them, so not to push anyone elses work off of the Downloads Home page.

I will upload a couple every 3 or 4 days.

All of the Site Exclusive NFL mods already have been uploaded to the 3 sites. (NFC North, AFC East, and AFC South teams)

I appreciate all the work being done on site.

Not an easy job.

Looking good!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Have a great weekend!

I made some visibility changes... I think it should change the way this functions.  Updated shouldn't jump until it's been approved now.