Updated Pin2dmd 4.30

I've just updated the firmware for my Pin2dmd to version 4.30. It looks like it went OK but I'm having trouble activating my key. When I use the pin2dmd.exe that came with the download it says colorprism 4.02 and tells me I need to update my firmware

Norm

21 minutes ago, NormM said:

I've just updated the firmware for my Pin2dmd to version 4.30. It looks like it went OK but I'm having trouble activating my key. When I use the pin2dmd.exe that came with the download it says colorprism 4.02 and tells me I need to update my firmware

Norm

I apologize, it says firmware not supported.

If you have a microSD card, all you need to do is copy your key onto it, put it in the slot and turn it on. It should read the key from the display and activate it.

What version does the display show when you first turn it on?

I had the exact same issue when updating (and copying to sdcard and rebooting did not seem to "stick" - i.e. it worked for a while and then complained that it was not activated after 30mins or so).

What I had to do to activate it, was run pin2dmd.exe from windows and choose "activate" and point to my activation.key file.

I don't have an SD card but I believe I fixed it. I used the pindmd.exe from the master release as opposed to the one from the 4.30 release. I stopped working on it after that point. I will know for sure in the next week or so when I start adding tabled back in from my complete system update