WEMO D1 mini Pro not working with PinballX or VPX

Hi

since last summer i'm still struggling with my ledstrips

I did ifollow all TUTOs and here is where I am

I have 3 lestrips plugged on my wemo. my wemo is on COM3

my mainboard is on D6 port, left strip on D5 and right strip on D7

my wemo seems operational : if I disconnect it and reconnect it, , leds are blicking collrectyl ; I can see R, G & B.

But when I launch pinball X nothing happen despite I configured everything in DOF

next to my WEMO I have a KLZ25z for my buttons. for tthat part, i don't have troubles

i'm stuck identifying where the issue is, can you help me ?

here are my files

thanks a lot

DirectOutput.log directoutputconfig51.ini GlobalConfig_B2SServer.xml GlobalConfig.xml GlobalConfig_PinballX.xml Cabinet.xml directoutputconfig30.ini

found out that Cabinet.xml was not set in globalconfig files.

now done

launching the game, i have now a new error

EXCEPTION: Could not put the controller on com-port 'COM3' into the commandmode. Will not send data to the controller.

2022.05.14 18:48:44.121    EXCEPTION: Could not put the controller on com-port 'COM3' into the commandmode. Will not send data to the controller.
2022.05.14 18:48:44.121    EXCEPTION: Thread: WemosD1MPStripController LEDStripController updater thread 
2022.05.14 18:48:44.175    WemosD1MPStripController LEDStripController updater thread  has connected to WemosD1MPStripController LEDStripController.
2022.05.14 18:48:44.176    EXCEPTION: WemosD1MPStripController LEDStripController updater thread  could not send update for WemosD1MPStripController LEDStripController: Comport is not initialized. Will try again.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

having the same issue here wemos d1 mini v4

tried ZebBoARDS FIRMWARE

AND Arnoz mini tools.

I think it may need power to the 5v and also usb connected.

I had it working 1 time but didnt know it was working, I saw it in a log file.

• 1 month later...

Hi, having the exact same issue here with a Wemos d1 mini v4. Tried everything (flashing firmware, changing ports/cables, drivers, etc), apart from hunting the source code... Also just tried connecting power to the +5v, which did not help, but gave a whistling noise from the Wemos (not good I guess...)

If someone has a fix for this, I would very much like to know. Many thanks.

You must be very carefull about using the +5 volts pin in wemos.

If you join +5volts and ground..

You must see a little magic grey smoke.

This means you must buy another one.

Pin +5 volts in wemos it`s not used at all for my matrix (only ground pin must be attached to power source ground.

Please don`t put 30 amperes to wemos

please...

Ground in wemos to ground in power source.

then use the pins for your ledstrips (for example if you have only a matrix you will only see two pins used in your wemos.

Again don`t burn your wemos please, it`s cheap but heheh (it`s not something nice)

Common problems..

You are not feeding well:  you must calculate the amperes for the ledstrips and use the power source with the correct amperage (and same voltage)

You are not using arnoz program

you have short-circuit your +5 volts pin and ground pin in wemos (your wemos has passed away to another life).

In my life i have broken two wemos. one felt to the floor and rainbow component broken and the last one was an accident (+5volts and ground were joined for one second and magic smoke)

But with the third now i am very happy 

Edited by javiersertaun

Thanks for the tips :) 

I have tried 3 different Wemos now, no luck with all of them... powerfeed is fine, and using Arnoz program & firmware to flash. No magic smoke so far 😅

Thing is, DOF cannot communicate with the Wemos on the COM port. But COM port is fine, and I can flash the firmware. It seems like 'something' is blocking access. But not another program, because if I tell Putty to open COM port, DOF gives an error with COM port in use (or something similar)

This is that nasty message in the DOF log:

EXCEPTION: Could not put the controller on com-port 'COM3' into the commandmode. Will not send data to the controller.

Just to update on this thread: it is fixed!

After 2 weeks of pulling my hair out over this, I finally fixed it. It was a combination of disabling addressable LED strips on my gaming motherboard (ASUS ROG B550-F) and disabling Windows Dynamic Lighting! Apparently, this service hijacks a com port or the Wemos when initialized?

No errors in the DOF logfile anymore, and enjoying the beauty of my own addressable LED's 😁