Mini pin speaker placement?

Badazzwi

I'm building a mini pin. Similar size and shape of a sharpin. One screen. I'm looking for advice on speaker placement. I'll be using a couple 2 inch speakers and a 4 inch sub. Do I put the sub on the back or on the bottom? Small speakers on the back or one on each side? I appreciate any input.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ya, 

Subs tend to work better when firing AT something and then not having a lot of reflections.  So, firing down would be much better if you can manage it.  if you have to fire it backwards it'll lose a lot of punch unless it's backed up against a wall and I guess in a small cab a big SUB amp is off the cards! (and I guessa a 4" sub cant go THAT loud).  Def down...

Speakers.  My current cab is forward firing and is perfect. My previous cab (smaller) was side firing and that was "fine" but you lost a bit of mid range and had to have it turned up more... if you put the speakers on the BACK you're likley to hear more of the rear firing sound (i.e. out of phase as the speakers will be pushing air backwards inside the cab)  That wont sound great... You may even be better placing them firing DOWN with the sub (but further away)..