Can I run Multiple Versions on one PC

I searched but never really found a definitive answer so here goes 🙂

K dumbass question time again for the newbie, I have an OK system, closer to low end then upper but it works, with that said i recently went from fulltime desktop to cabinet mode, and some of my games that used to run OK in desktop are now not as good in Cabinet (to much going on for said lower end computer) so what I would like to do is maybe play them in Cabinet still. Can I run a version of VPX one way and have another on the same system the other way. I did try to just take it out of rotate but all my DMD Backglass etc are still there, I don't want to mess with the main that is working ok just to try and do this. I hope I am explaining myself correctly, and look forward to any help/suggestion's

all the above is mute once I am able to upgrade but that could be a little bit still.

If you have a moment, please let me know and thank you.

can you edit the table's script to indicate desktop mode or cabinet mode?  Is it definable there?

you could also get the snapshot of the VPX registry in cab mode, then change it desktop mode, and the load that before loading the tables in the mode you want.