Issue with Pin2DMD colorization producing two overlapping images

I've been attempting to freshen up some of my tables with color dmd files and had no problems with AFM but ghostbusters and LOTR are producing a mess as seen below. It looks at times like there are two images overlapping each other. I followed the tips in the forum for Ghostbusters as I know it's a bit different with VpinSPA but it's the same with LOTR. I'm sure I have something messed up but can't figure out what. 

GhostDMD.jpg.e3c412dbe503f7e281c2d4abaa337710.jpgUntitled.jpg.455d75fda1ff80324c63ae88bf8d473f.jpg

• 8 months later...

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I experience the same problem of overlapping frames. Only exception is AFM.

Any hint from the community would be highly appreciated!

P.S. I am using a Pin2DMD with the (hopefully) latest software 😉

Edited by haelge

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, haelge said:

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I experience the same problem of overlapping frames. Only exception is AFM.

Any hint from the community would be highly appreciated!

P.S. I am using a Pin2DMD with the (hopefully) latest software 😉

Does your pin2dmd device share the USB bus with any other device ? 

Do you use the native dmddevice.dll from my github or this ?

Did you try setting pin2dmd enable to native instead of true when using freezy / pin2color.dll combination ?

Dear lucky1,

Big thanks for your fast reply and all your hard work around PIN2DMD!

Your trick with the USB bus solved the problem for me.  I switched to USB 3.0 and it worked like a charm.

I did not change the firmware (v4.4.1) nor the dll (I use the one from your github repository in combination with freezy).

Again, big thanks for your help. This problem drove me nuts for weeks and almost made me give up on colored roms ;-).