PinUp - VLC Player Questiion

Hi!

I know that in order for the PinUp player to work properly you're not suppose to use anything above 2.28.  I'm running the latest version 3.0.16 on my computer - should I downgrade VLC to 2.28 or is it okay to run the two different versions?  I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks!

On 4/9/2022 at 3:31 AM, Djfraleo said:

I just updated VLC to 3.016 and all pupacks are faster and run perfect!

I renamed the old folder VLC BACKUP, so if I find problems, I can return to the previous version.

Good Luck!

Have you had any issues with updating to vlc 3.016

Edited by mellkul

Are there any specific settings we should set our vlc player too?  I didn't know about the don't update it information.  I have a pup pack on a table and it runs super choppy .  I can't get rid of the pup pack because of the table its attached too.  I'm using vlc as my default media player so I was wondering if there are certain settings we needed to set for vlc to work correctly with popper.  

Its not a hardware issue, ryzen9 5900x & RTX3090FE.   

The other day during naibusters live stream he was having audio issues and he was talking about windows media player.  I dont know if he was just responding to people in the chat or are we supposed to be using windows media player?   any info would be great. thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 11:38 PM, jtravapd said:

Are there any specific settings we should set our vlc player too?  I didn't know about the don't update it information.  I have a pup pack on a table and it runs super choppy .  I can't get rid of the pup pack because of the table its attached too.  I'm using vlc as my default media player so I was wondering if there are certain settings we needed to set for vlc to work correctly with popper.  

Its not a hardware issue, ryzen9 5900x & RTX3090FE.   

The other day during naibusters live stream he was having audio issues and he was talking about windows media player.  I dont know if he was just responding to people in the chat or are we supposed to be using windows media player?   any info would be great. thanks. 

Which Pupack? Perhaps it's an older one.

Could you tell us which table are you trying to run?

15 hours ago, Djfraleo said:

Which Pupack? Perhaps it's an older one.

Could you tell us which table are you trying to run?

the table runs fine, but the pup pack runs choppy. Its for the GB table pup pack which is why i didn't want to say what table.  the table and everything runs fine, the dmd, perfect color, but the pu pack just runs like shit. and like i said its running on a Ryzen 9 5900x, 64gb of ram, its being stored on a m.2 generation 4 drive, and using a nvidia rtx3090  founders edition.  it should run perfectly smooth, unless there is a video setting i don't have set properly. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2022 at 3:53 PM, jtravapd said:

the table runs fine, but the pup pack runs choppy. Its for the GB table pup pack which is why i didn't want to say what table.  the table and everything runs fine, the dmd, perfect color, but the pu pack just runs like shit. and like i said its running on a Ryzen 9 5900x, 64gb of ram, its being stored on a m.2 generation 4 drive, and using a nvidia rtx3090  founders edition.  it should run perfectly smooth, unless there is a video setting i don't have set properly. 

Hi,  not sure if this would help or not, I have a GE Force RTX 3070 and my pup runs fine.  In the Nvidia control panel do you have the low latency mode set to "Ultra" and Vsync set to "No"?

On 5/25/2022 at 10:28 AM, Pegula said:

Hi,  not sure if this would help or not, I have a GE Force RTX 3070 and my pup runs fine.  In the Nvidia control panel do you have the low latency mode set to "Ultra" and Vsync set to "No"?

no i didn't but iM gonna try it out