Pay for get code done?

jdc78

For example, Motorhead 2018 is a great table in many ways and sucks in many ways and as I can't code I can't fix it.

(get a ball saved function, dont change music when ball drains, make a puppack etc)

If I then put some money into it thru bountysource or something similiar (crowdfunding) along with my "demand" and someone is willing to fix it for me for that amount is that okey to do?

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, jdc78 said:

For example, Motorhead 2018 is a great table in many ways and sucks in many ways and as I can't code I can't fix it.

(get a ball saved function, dont change music when ball drains, make a puppack etc)

If I then put some money into it thru bountysource or something similiar (crowdfunding) along with my "demand" and someone is willing to fix it for me for that amount is that okey to do?

VP is very specialized and specific... Most of it is VB code, but the rest is pretty specific to VP.  I highly doubt any developers on a site like that is going to know anything about it. 

Motorhead is an original creation. The best thing would be to contact the creator of that game and share your findings.

Im only after the idea that people that mod other peoples table can do so for money (money will be paid out if goals ar met) and people that can't code can make changes to tables thru money.

• Content Provider

All the work you see in this Pinball Community, is done by authors who spend there own free time making these treasures.

Nobody has ever been paid for their magnificent work.  They do it for free.

You would have better luck and possibly faster results, if you just sent author of table a message, or better yet post in the tables support topic, and ask there about what you would like added to table. I would leave out the "and sucks in many ways" part.

People in this community help others with just about any problem that a person might have related to pinball. 

All for free.

Carry on.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, xenonph said:

All the work you see in this Pinball Community, is done by authors who spend there own free time making these treasures.

Nobody has ever been paid for their magnificent work.  They do it for free.

You would have better luck and possibly faster results, if you just sent author of table a message, or better yet post in the tables support topic, and ask there about what you would like added to table. I would leave out the "and sucks in many ways" part.

People in this community help others with just about any problem that a person might have related to pinball. 

All for free.

Carry on.

I wouldn't necessairly say that... There have been several authors that have created tables for specific requests from companies that offered $.  I know that VPCabs paid to have a Impratical Jokers table created and there have been others as well.  If someone wants to put a bounty on having a specific theme created; I see nothing wrong with this.  As long as the release is made available to the community as well.  

• Content Provider

Flinstones was paid for by the community.  A little different as a table author put it out there. Funds where used for 3d rendering not sure what else. Worked out good for the community. 

Well, thank you for clearing things up. Now, wich is the best way to get productive people interested in these kinda things you think?

And yes everything here is free, but that does'nt mean everything is good, I need changes to specific games done to be able to play them without cursing.

Money is a good motivator, thats why I work with what I do, i don't like it but the money motivates me and I bet it's like this for alot of people, not saying this is right or wrong just saying, money works. Sadly or not.

Your example. Motorhead is controlled by a real rom, algar. So, you can't really add new rules to it. If you tried, there is a high chance that the table would wonder where the ball went - maybe starting a ball search etc. For the music not stopping, should be easy enough comparing one table where this doesn't happen. Implementing pup-packs, almost surprised that it doesn't exist already. Unfortunately, this is not my cup of tea. I don't play pup-packs where it is not integrated into the rules ... just playing video for the videos sake. If I want to listen to Motorhead. I can just trap the ball or start spotify.