TWIPY awards Saturday... Cup Head!

JFR1

I’ve tried for a few years with my amazing girlfriend to make it through the TWIPYs for more than 10 minutes and have always failed….Not that we ever expect much, and it should be fun at face value…alas….sort of a shame really. It’s almost like they forget whom the basic audience is or something. 

Perhaps we should do our own Vpin awards show special. Do some crazy %$^*&…show em how it’s done 

3 hours ago, JFR1 said:

Re-themes count as homebrews?  

Sad how unprepared the production was.  

As I stated yesterday we watched about 10 minutes and turned it off. I had the bright idea today that it might be fun for my girlfriend and I to do a “reaction” video to the awards…being it seemed like it would be shooting fish in a barrel….About 30 minutes in I turned it off….and the footage of us watching was about 90 percent, myself staring at the screen blankly…. I tried desperately to make my brain stem do something, but man, it was like commenting on paint drying. 

The idea of a pinball awards show has always been pretty absurd. It’s like having the Grammy’s if only 4 bands put out albums that year, and 70 percent of those albums were from a single band. Jack Danger won not only best new designer but also best streamer….I’ll spare you all the essay on that last sentence, instead I’ll just point out that he dressed like a frigging car mechanic, even though he was hosting (very poorly) an awards show. Have some pride in yourself Joe Cool. The whole thing is a cluster f%^k. You’d think common sense would dictate a re-theme not being a true home-brew, but logic as a whole is dismissed on quite a few levels really. 

It’s weird, I really relate to the Vpin community, and feel a wonderful connection….but the “real” pin world is very, very strange to me. 

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, Darkstar said:

Jack Danger won not only best new designer but also best streamer….I’ll spare you all the essay on that last sentence, instead I’ll just point out that he dressed like a frigging car mechanic, even though he was hosting (very poorly) an awards show.

That's a delicious 3-layer conflict-of-interest sandwich right there!

• Administrators

I wasn’t able to go see the show, but it was all done pretty much on the fly. I was invited in for their quick rehearsal, but it wasn’t much of a rehearsal. I’m going to have to go back and watch it.

Met Jack for the first time. Had him swing by the booth and gave him something that I made. We all met and hung out for an after party. He’s actually pretty cool guy… tall as heck though.