I'm working through setting up VR pinball on my cabinet with my Oculus Quest 2.

I'm using OpencompositeVR instead of SteamVR

I'm at the point of setting up PopperVr and I'm trying to figure out what launch / close script to use, or how I would make one specific for OpencompositeVR since the Wiki references SteamVR for most of the scripts.

There is an example for non-steamvr but I didn't know if that had to be modified depending on what was being used.

Thanks for any help. 

Edited by jrockrat

• jrockrat changed the title to Setting up PopperVR with OpencompositeVR?

Hi jrockrat, 

I use Popper VR with Quest 2, Link and Opencomposite and everything works great, here are the launch and close scripts if interested. Note, send number pad 5 was added to the end of the launch script to center the table after it loads so be sure to be standing and looking where you want the table when you load it. 

VPVR Launch Script.txt VPVR Close Script.txt

Studly thank you so much!! You've helped me out tremendously with setting up VR pinball. From your complete download of files needed , to this info.

I'm excited to get this into PopperVR and get everything working together. 

Thanks again for all your help!

• 3 months later...

@studlygoorite Did you have to make any changes to the closing script for vpvr 10.7? I've got everything working good with the 10.6 version but as soon as I update stuff for vpvr 10.7 the tables won't fully close when I exit. It will go back to the popper menu but the table is still running in the background and I get a "visual Pinball Player SDL" window on top of the popper screen. When I completely exit out of popper the vpinball tables are still open in my task bar. 

Thanks

20220703_172353_resized.thumb.jpg.02fe2dd1d34e236d6155d6a1c00487eb.jpg

4 hours ago, jrockrat said:

@studlygoorite Did you have to make any changes to the closing script for vpvr 10.7? I've got everything working good with the 10.6 version but as soon as I update stuff for vpvr 10.7 the tables won't fully close when I exit. It will go back to the popper menu but the table is still running in the background and I get a "visual Pinball Player SDL" window on top of the popper screen. When I completely exit out of popper the vpinball tables are still open in my task bar. 

Thanks

20220703_172353_resized.thumb.jpg.02fe2dd1d34e236d6155d6a1c00487eb.jpg

Negative, my tables are closing fine. It might be the version of VPVR you are running, I am running the latest v126 here https://github.com/vpinball/vpvr/actions/runs/2608355785  also check your Editor/UI Options Screen, I have "When Exiting The Table Player, Show File Dialog Again" ticked. Dunno if this helps though :) I do have an issue where when searching through VR tables with PopperVR, the playfield screen does not change until I load the table.

@studlygoorite I figured it out. In the closing script above, there is a line 

;Process, Close, VPinballX_GL.exe

I removed the ; and that fixed the problem. Not sure why I didn't have any issues with vpvr 10.6 with that in there, but removing the ; seems to close things down and bring me back to the menu without any pop up windows on the screen or any tables continuing to run in the background.