DOF issue - one bumper does not do anything

Lorent

I have been struggling with troubleshooting a DOF issue. My cabinet is in a “10-bumper” config as described in http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/BuildGuideV2/BuildGuide.php?sid=contactors.

Each solenoid is correctly connected to a Sainsmart relay board to the ports referred to below. In turn the Sainsmart board is connected to a Led-Wiz, correctly detected by DOF (ignore the burned connectors on the Led-Wiz, it has been replaced since I took that photo).

image.png.57c7e4207f0755d454c0a17a9bc383b1.pngimage.png.712bf38782439abbff03d2895eea1811.png     image.png.1084061f2317a7cd28767d1d104a1aa8.png

I am using the following port assignment in the DOF Config tool. I am pretty sure the wiring is just fine, because testing each solenoid independently (using Simple LED Test utility) works just fine.

image.png.27a0ba3ca436a002919c3ce4d2985abb.png

That said, when loading tables in VPX, I am noticing that one of the bumpers does not trigger the solenoid. I am using Freefall (1981) to illustrate the issue below, but it reproes on all tables with on all tables with 3 bumpers. All the other solenoids are working fine on the table, except the middle bumper.

image.png.47550ccc05f29730d914f33263e5cc55.png

I am guessing the middle bumper should either trigger the back center (30), or possibility the middle center (25). I am using the default in the DOF config tool for that table:

image.png.b03037941e296c1e44eeef92b8eb5c9a.png

Does anybody know how to troubleshoot? I am trying to find out where the mapping is stored between the S values the DOF config tool and the solenoid assignment in the table. I think there is an issue with S1 but I’d like to be able to troubleshoot further before I start messing around with the config, or the table itself.

Any help appreciated.

Fun fact... I found my own mistake... Check out the DOF Config screen shot. Port 30 was incorrectly set to "10 bumper MIDDLE center" instead of "10 bumper BACK center". Doh! That said, that might be a bug in DOF. Looking at the generated configs, it looks like it just ignores when a toy is assigned to more than one port. I would have expected it to be duplicated. Not ignore. 

• 1 year later...

Oh my god, I could kiss you. I finally figured out the right Google search to bring me to this thread, because I was having the exact same problem. Turns out, it was for the exact same reason, only I had back right mapped incorrectly as middle right. Since it was the second "middle right" I had, back right was being ignored.

Thank you so much for following up on your own question!