Gfx Card In Build?

SEALen

The 4870 1gb would be more than fast enough for most VP tables, but unfortunately for some reason cards from the 4xxx and 3xxx series have driver issues with VP. Users report broken/messed up graphics and other problems.  From the 5xxxx series onward ATI cards are great.  I also have a 5750 1gb and it works great.   Any card with ddr5 memory usually works fine, as VP relies mainly on memory throughput.

Okej, would a GeForce GT 630 1GB (gddr5) be enough? (On sale in Sweden for about $85).

Or should I aim for a GeForce GTX 650 1GB at about $135?

The second card for screen two and three would probably be a GeForce 210 1GB ($28 ).

Okey, I'm about to order new computer hardware for my desktop gaming rig. Old stuff goes into VP cabinet.

But how about that gfx card. Will the GeForce GTX 650 1gb (gddr5) be enough? Or do I need the Ti version or even more expensive?

You are probably going to want to stick with a Nvidia card. A lot of people had issues with ATI cards. And usually, you will need an older driver. The newer stuff does not often jive well with the software.There is no definitive answer on video cards, but these set ups are power hungry and the general rule of thumb is buy as muc video card as you can afford. I am running 2 1 GB 460's and honestly wish I had just a bit more horsepower.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the VP computer together with the 4870 card installed. Tables ran smooth as silk but... as reported above there were some visual errors. Especially on things that are transparent. For example the big middle spaceship in AFM (JPsalas). It looked like it´d been rasterized for printing.

So I guess I have to go get me a new GFX card. I think I'll go for the Nvidia GTX 660 when checking price/performance factors.

Do you think the 660 could manage all three screens by it self (It says it can handle 4 screens on the box) or do I need a second card?

Archived