46" In A Widebody Without Slotting

Cupcakus

Hi all, new here, I'm planning out my build.

I have a standard Williams widebody cabinet, the inside width is 23.25", I cannot find a 46" TV that will fit this correctly without slotting.  I have seen other builds that claim to use mameman's widebody plans and seem to fit a 46" TV without slotting.  I looked at his plans, the inside dimensions of those plans is 594mm, which is roughly 23.25".

Is there a 46" TV model that I am overlooking here?  Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

From experience I am going to say you will NOT find such a thing.

I also retrofitted a Williams Widebody with a 46" screen.  Took 3 screens just to find one that fit within the OUTER edges of the cabinet.

You can see my build blog here on the site "Crisis on Pinfinite Earths"

I based my design off one by Chriz that involves cutting a groove in the TOP of the cabinet that the TV sits ON not in.

Good luck

Based on my plans you either need to slot or recess the top an sit the screen on the cab sides to make a 46 fit with a wide body lockbar. Easy option is to simply increase the width of the cab to suit your screen and order a custom lockbar.

From you post i take it you already bought an existing widebody, and are not building your own?

the European samsung UE46F7000  is a 46"  TV that claims to be 592 mm high, so it should fit without routing or decasing.  But sometimes manufacturers screw up these measurements.....  so you should check it out in a store first (and let us know how it turns out).

from samsung.com  :  dimensions without stand: 103,62 x 59,22 x 3,0

Never trust the internet! or at least not samsung.

http://www.samsung.com/nl/consumer/tv-audio-video/televisions/tv-2013/UE46F7000SLXXN-spec

According to samsung, the ST and SL versions of this TV have different measurements, but that is unlikely. Most likely samsung screwed up somewhere, but i dont think the TV is 622 mm without stand either. Judging from the pictures it is slimmer than most of their other 2013 models like the F6500 which is supposed to be 608mm high, because the F7000 does not have the logo sticking out at the bottom.

Nice find on the swedx, it does indeed look like it is nice and evenly bezeled all the way around.  It must be the cheapest 600mm TV out there.

• 5 months later...

I just purchased a Chinese TV (Hisense) 46"  I decased it and it is 23 5/8 wide and only 5/8" thick.   Its now in my Gottlieb widebody (I had a 23 3/4 cabinet) totally lucked out.   Good thing the 46" LCD TV was only $349 with free shipping!   Looks awesome!

I'm glad you don't buyed the swedx tv. I buyed a swedx tv on internet first here in sweden there i live. But holy shit! That was a crap tv and you cant use it with virtual pinball studf becous the hiiiigh input lag. I have to sent it back directly. The flipoers respons time and the ball stutter was the wordt i ever seen. So i buyed a new samsung 200hz 6000 seres with 3d, my tv run like a dream and the backlight is geogeous. I like the way samsung use the backligt on that tv. When its black its black luke the night. Test the tv you byed alot before you decase it!! The best with my tv samsung, its so easy to desasd and you can easely case it again if you need to use the guarante. Hope you find a good tv..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, don't buy the Swedex one. We tried it too but had to send it back because of the input lag. We also bought Samsung ones instead. But we went for the EU46F5005 as it was on sale for 4490 SEK (about $660). Very nice picture and with the Game mode on there is no discernible input lag.

• 1 month later...

Archived