Popper 1.4.6 bugs at table exit

xphilou29

Hi Everybody,

I ran into an issue with pinup popper.

I updated my pincab yesterday (vpx10.7+ vpinmame 3.4 + popper 1.4.6) and since had random popper bugs on table exit around after every 10ish tables. There are no more B2S/Playfield media nor text (I can see my window10 black wallpaper on both screens), i can still see & scroll the popper wheels, exit popper or play other tables (that will work perfectly). If I exit and reopen popper then all media/text are back again for around 10 tables before this problem occurs again. If I do not exit and play other tables then at some point popper will just crash at table exit and I will be obliged to start again my computer for popper to work. Apart from this, there is some lagging during loading of the tables until the problem occurs. So not optimal behaviour.

Prior all was working perfect (vpx10.6, vpinmame3.3 and poper1.4.5). I have a pin2dmd and kept freezy's dmd 1.71.

Finally this morning I reinstalled the image of my system (made just prior running the updates ). This time I just updated VPX10.7 + Vpinmame 3.4. All was working perfect with Popper 1.4.5, I open/exit 50 tables, no bugs. Then I installed Popper V1.4.6 and the bug occured again after around 10 tables. I had to reinstall the image a second time to get rid of it then just updated VPX/vpinmame and all is working fine ever sincewith popper 1.4.5.

To be noted that once the problem occurs then it will not dissapear if I install back popper V1.4.5. The only way that I found was to reinstall the image. 

I really wonder what that is. For the time being I will only use popper V1.4.5.

Hoping a solution can be found

thanks,

Capture.thumb.PNG.39d6f45c90d1fd6691abf9fc87ea6e4d.PNG

Edited by xphilou29

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

... no, there's not a 'known' bug for what's being described.

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=auto_testing

you should be able to run 200+ tables in a row (many of the tester use that tool)....if it doesn't then you have some other issue.

most times if VLC crashes like that its with FX3(not setup as wiki page) or your vpx/gpu 'flashing'/blinking because hz/resolution/display rotation changes during media playback....all have workarounds, just got to see which part is causing it.

try the tool out.   

36 minutes ago, NailBuster said:

... no, there's not a 'known' bug for what's being described.

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=auto_testing

you should be able to run 200+ tables in a row (many of the tester use that tool)....if it doesn't then you have some other issue.

most times if VLC crashes like that its with FX3(not setup as wiki page) or your vpx/gpu 'flashing'/blinking because hz/resolution/display rotation changes during media playback....all have workarounds, just got to see which part is causing it.

try the tool out.   

Thats the thing, it happens randomly. Sometimes during startup and other times after popper running idle for 5 minutes. 

Sometimes it does that for me as well, but other times when its in attract mode (selecting random tables for display) it just goes black. Other times when popper launches (through windows startup) it goes black instantly. 

I saw another forum member say that changing the fullscreen option in the vpx launch script to disable full screen would fix it. Once i did that all my tables stutter again. Its like a never ending cycle.

I think i might just reinstall everything again, see if that works...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar issue, but it's related to audio as well as the backglass and playfield after leaving a FX3 table.

For clarity I'm currently running everything on a single screen desktop while I'm setting up all my software for my table.

Right now, when I leave a VPX table, everything is perfectly fine.

All of my backglass/playfield and audio for my table selections still play, but when I leave a FX3 table, my backglass/playfield disappears and my audio suddenly stops playing.

Edit: I found a solution. I had to change my FX3 to borderless full screen and it solved the issue.

Edited by chug

Any solution on this other than the author just saying it should run 200 games in a row? I just did a fresh install and havent loaded any games but the 2 that come with it. on BOTH games - which are 2 different emulators, it will crash when I hit my exit button, however is ok if i use the esc key. when this happens the large DMD stays on, but I lose everything else. Although, it shows the components still running in task manager. I have to manually stop them, then I can relaunch popper. I think its something in the way popper is handling the table exits. Authors help would be nice.

On 3/21/2022 at 7:21 PM, Parabolic said:

Any solution on this other than the author just saying it should run 200 games in a row? I just did a fresh install and havent loaded any games but the 2 that come with it. on BOTH games - which are 2 different emulators, it will crash when I hit my exit button, however is ok if i use the esc key. when this happens the large DMD stays on, but I lose everything else. Although, it shows the components still running in task manager. I have to manually stop them, then I can relaunch popper. I think its something in the way popper is handling the table exits. Authors help would be nice.

Maybe you should list all the hardware you have in your computer And be sure all your hardware drivers are up-to-date
All the software that's running in the Background

Edited by outhere

• 1 month later...

After quite some time of changing stuff and trying different things, i found my solution. 

The problem that was causing it was RTSS, i locked my fps there. Apparently it conflicts with some of the software pinup popper is using. 

Locking your fps in the nvidia control panel is the way to go.

Never had any issues ever after :D

Hope it helps!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello, I still have this issue with popper 1.4.6 and 1.5.

I have messed with nvidia settings and followed nailbuster  recommendations with full screen exclusive mode unchecked and more with no luck.
Still goes blank after a few games and I have to restart popper to get the screens to come back on.

Even goes blank like your picture when scrolling through tables on my VPX playlist.
Any other solutions you found?

Update: 1-22-2024

I followed all of these on this link but I forgot to set all to “desktop programs.”

it seems to be working better for me now. Still does it , but not as much as it was. 

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=nvidia_settings

Edited by Viper_

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2022 at 7:21 PM, Parabolic said:

I agree.  I have multiple tables with different emulators that all run fine stand alone.  I may have changed something in the key mapping but have gone through every combination possible and used keys other than the table use with no fix.  Frustrating, I just want to play some awesome tables that many people have been kind enough to share with us.