Bally Corvette colorization

elicend

Hi

If it is correct there is no Pin2dmd colorization for corvette. A colorDMD exists, but not the pin2dmd.

My Real pinball configuration came with a pin2dmd and i just upgrated it to the 4.3 hardware version.

I'll would like to try to make my own colorization, and followed the tuto, but to start, i don't find tuto about Dump.

The only information i had found is to connect by USB the pin to computeur, with pin2dmd.exe : I did, i chose input Bally/willians, and check en the left corner the dump activation.

This makes me 2 files : 1 raw and 1 txt

and then? i missed a step... tried to import txt file in pin2dmd editor, but nothing.

can you help me to find my mistake?

thanks by advance.

• Content Provider
26 minutes ago, elicend said:

and then? i missed a step... tried to import txt file in pin2dmd editor, but nothing.

You can import the .RAW file into the editor. For the .txt you will need to gzip it first.

Good luck with your colouring.

Ok Thanks,

so i Gzip both, and import the raw or the txt one.

The input option button on bally Williams is ok ?

I don't find the method to stop recording proprelly : it was not possible to uncheck the dump check box after recording start ? my dump test file is 3mo, and the raw about 1mo.

• Content Provider
10 minutes ago, elicend said:

so i Gzip both, and import the raw or the txt one.

You gzip each to filename.raw.gz and filename.txt.gz

RAW is better on WPC.

11 minutes ago, elicend said:

The input option button on bally Williams is ok ?

Yes

12 minutes ago, elicend said:

I don't find the method to stop recording proprelly

Just click the dump checkbox once and wait until it is finished.

Thanks very much.

colorization started ! 😄

I started on the txt file tu cut scenes (high score, grand loop etc...), i'll import the raw to compare.

One more question : i try the export to DMD button, and it asked me to choose between 3 choices, i don't know the difference?

If i well understood, i should have 2 files PIN2DMD.PAL and .FSQ and upload them directly on the SD (no repertoty) that's right? 

Yes, i found this on the doc ! by the export menu i've a error message : only available for valide register. is it the file.Key of the pin2dmd that is need? i upload it in the register menu ?

thanks a lot !

I made fixe colorisation of about 10 screens at this time, well, by the pacticing, tuto are very helpful.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, elicend said:

hi

Is it possible to send the pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.fsq by the usb connexion in the SD of the pin2dmd?

thanks.

It took much longer than taking out the SD and writing it directly to it that is why it is not recommended anymore.

o? ok but it is possible? because i don't like to get off the back glass, i always afraid to brake it, and after looking i think it is possible to let the usb wire pass between the glass and the wood, so it would possible to update without taking off the glass?

hi

well, i tried. 

With the upload, load an save button in pin2dmd.exe, i didn't really find the solution, but the upload button in the editor set the pin2dmd with the current version of the project. It is very quick but no alert messenge :( i get a black screen one time, but ok after restart.

does anyone know the correct palette to set as original orange/red dot panel to set a project with this setting, and upload it after colorisation test (because it is not very pleasant to play with a partial colorisated animation) ? i try to find it, on a bally it is more red than orange, but didn't find the correct mix

thanks by advance

Hi

on the 3 videos  there are a lot of errors, on the pinball i think they are awful :(

Colors are différents from editor, contrast is to the max i think so the brightness is too high, colors sound "light" with that brighness (don't find where to set it). there are mistakes (which doesn 't appear in the editors, there are missed pictures (flashing)...)

I saw in tuto a duration option for masques to be set, but it is not checkable (it is grey??), and there is an "event" with a listbox but i don't find explanation (mean, understood explaination, so i don't know what it will change).

I started with the txt file before i saw the advice to take the raw on a WPC, is it possible that comes from that mistake? is it possible to restart a projet with raw file and copy a complete scene with a new keyframe included in the raw file instead of the txt file and correct only new frames ?

Thanks a lot for your help

• Content Provider

What you are looking for is most likely the delay field 

From https://pin2dmd.com/chapter-5-coloring-a-dynamic-content-scene/

Hint: Single Frame Colormask Scenes either stay until the next keyframe triggers or for the time defined in the “Delay” field. Whatever comes first. If want to keep the colormask stay longer , e.g. to colorize transition frames, just enter a higher value in the Delay field and press “Enter” to save the new value.

hi

thanks for your tips.

i thing color mask sequence should be better, for the moment i only use color mask only. I took the information of the delay, but it is not changeable in my editor? is it because the keyframe is already set?

is there a setting for the brighness? even dark color are too ligh it think ? or maybe they is only on the dmd panel than this setting is available ?

On 1/17/2022 at 7:43 PM, lucky1 said:

The delay is changed in the scene and not in the keyframe.

Brightness can be adjusted in the onscreen menu !

Hi

thanks for the indication for the delay, i'm sorry, but i don't understand, and don't find tuto where i understand the explaination.

as you can see in the picture, i'm on a scene like you said, but, duration is in grey, not selectable, and it is the same in the second picture when i want to assign a coloration scene to a scene.

corvetteeditor03.png

corvetteeditor02.png

a saw event too from one to one, but don't find explaination on this setting?

I have got mistakes in my coloration, by staying on last animation mask(because next animation is not detected or not colorised yet), and detection.

thanks, it look pleasant to do but take a enormous time.

thanks one more time, but i don't understand, i'm sorry, maybe my poor english.

in the chapter https://pin2dmd.com/editor/ 

3.1 : Keyframe

keyframes-376x276-1.png

the text said :

After you defined a key frame for palette switching there is another option to choose: the duration.

Duration can left blank / 0 then the palette will hold as long as a new switch is triggered. Or you can enter a time in milliseconds. To make it easy to determine the time, you can also slide the current animation that should receive the new palette to its end and then click “Fetch duration”. In this case exactly the time between starting point (key frame definition) and the current point will be inserted in the duration field.

I've got a 2 frame animation for "Million", i tried to make it in green instead most part of the colorization, but then every ting stay in green since a new hash is detected. This is normal i think, but duration is made for this i inderstood, maybe i'm wrong ?

• Content Provider

The above is only valid for simple palette switches which you add with the AddPalSwitch button.

1 hour ago, elicend said:

I've got a 2 frame animation for "Million", i tried to make it in green instead most part of the colorization, but then every ting stay in green since a new hash is detected. This is normal i think, but duration is made for this i understood, maybe i'm wrong ?

If you colorize a scene with e.g. colormask you need to edit the delay field to make the frame stay longer.