Hybrid standard cab and vpvr setup?

Hi all, merry Xmas!

I have been exploring vr over the last few weeks, really cool feature and adds a nice twist to vpx.

One question I have, and maybe I missed it somewhere, but is there a way to set it up so that I can play VR but then quickly switch back to my regular cab? I noticed when I tweak graphic options in the -gl version, this also gets tweaked for the vpx version for regular tables and on my regular cab play. Is there a way to have a hybrid cab without having to go in and modify the settings every time I want to switch over?

note, I have DOF and SSF in my cab, so I feel if I move files to a separate folder and run stuff, I think some of that stuff will stop working?

is there such a thing as a batch file that can trigger automatically and set the graphics settings appropriately? I run Popper in my front end for my regular cab, and then when I want to run VR I run VR Launcher. Wondering if when I run those exe files it auto triggers something to adjust the graphic settings?

On 12/24/2021 at 1:04 PM, cmt26 said:

Hi all, merry Xmas!

I have been exploring vr over the last few weeks, really cool feature and adds a nice twist to vpx.

One question I have, and maybe I missed it somewhere, but is there a way to set it up so that I can play VR but then quickly switch back to my regular cab? I noticed when I tweak graphic options in the -gl version, this also gets tweaked for the vpx version for regular tables and on my regular cab play. Is there a way to have a hybrid cab without having to go in and modify the settings every time I want to switch over?

note, I have DOF and SSF in my cab, so I feel if I move files to a separate folder and run stuff, I think some of that stuff will stop working?

is there such a thing as a batch file that can trigger automatically and set the graphics settings appropriately? I run Popper in my front end for my regular cab, and then when I want to run VR I run VR Launcher. Wondering if when I run those exe files it auto triggers something to adjust the graphic settings?

You have two options, first you could set up Popper VR if using Popper already. When playing pinball using Popper you just open the operator menu and choose custom scripts then VR and bingo, all of the settings have been changed and you are in VR. The other way is to use .bat files from Scampa123, just double click the cabinet or VR file before you play and the settings will be changed. Here are links to both 

and Scampa123's .bats https://1drv.ms/u/s!Auy58evaF4z1qm993U-NQmXLxsXT?e=AokCOF

Thank you, funny enough last night I was messing and went the autohotkey method and it worked. I will look at these .bat by Scampa, they are probably programmed better than what I crafted.

I use popper for the regular cab, have not tried the popper VR yet, maybe I will explore that front end. So far I have been using VR Launcher and it runs really well and fairly straightforward.

thanks again for the suggestions.