How do you know if you can modify/ create a table?

JerseyJohnny

I always see when people create tables online, most will say they can't be edited etc.  But do you need to try and track down the author of the table?

For example, are PuP packs ok to add to tables? or do you still need a authors permission?  Just curious.  

I wanted to make a south park NJ episode table/pup pack,  (one of the funniest episodes ever), snookie want yum yum. lol.   (if you haven't seen it, id recommend just watching that one episode, it was at the height of the 100 tv shows about NJ everywhere lol)

It's a Jersey Thing

Season 14 episode 9. lol. Its screaming for a "its a jersey thing" pup pack.  

just curious who is "the owner" , im guessing it would be if you took a different table and just reskinned it type of deal? 

by the way, if someone is super talented at this stuff, by all means , please create it for us. lol. 

16 minutes ago, jtravapd said:

But do you need to try and track down the author of the table?

To modify the table itself yes you should contact the creator of the content.

17 minutes ago, jtravapd said:

are PuP packs ok to add to tables? or do you still need a authors permission?  Just curious. 

A Pup Pack isn't really added to the table as in modifying the table its more that it is a add-on, or is added to your "Front End" so its not a modification to the table.

But...... it might be a gray area if someone made a Pup Pack and you took it and modified it, in my mind if you are starting from scratch then you become the author, if you take someone else's work and modify it you need permission.

Hope this helps.