fx3 steam update 12-9-2021

barryodog

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 11:20 AM, Dazz said:

Yeah, after every FX update DOFLinx has to be updated.  Normally it's done pretty quick, so hopefully it will get updated shortly.

I just did the doflinx upadte i still have no flipper or bumper sound in fx3, I just extracted the update to the direct output folder

1 hour ago, barryodog said:

I just did the doflinx upadte i still have no flipper or bumper sound in fx3, I just extracted the update to the direct output folder

Don't forget to see if your PINUPPLAYER.INI file was overwritten and removed the pointer to your sound card.  I had to add my line back in at the bottom:

[SYSTEM]
SoundDeviceIndex=2

15 hours ago, DanLShane said:

Don't forget to see if your PINUPPLAYER.INI file was overwritten and removed the pointer to your sound card.  I had to add my line back in at the bottom:

[SYSTEM]
SoundDeviceIndex=2

I cannot find PINUPPLAYER.INI file, were would this be located?

Yes, just open the INI file in Notepad and add those two lines to the bottom of the text.  This instruciton tells PupPlayer to use the sound device that Windows recognizes as the secondary audio device that drives your surround sound feedback. Depending on how many audio devices Windows sees you may need to change the value to 1, 2, or 3.  In my case the Realtek audio card what drives my SSF speakers.

7 minutes ago, DanLShane said:

Yes, just open the INI file in Notepad and add those two lines to the bottom of the text.  This instruciton tells PupPlayer to use the sound device that Windows recognizes as the secondary audio device that drives your surround sound feedback. Depending on how many audio devices Windows sees you may need to change the value to 1, 2, or 3.  In my case the Realtek audio card what drives my SSF speakers.

Thanks i am  giving it a try

34 minutes ago, DanLShane said:

OK i tried 1,2 and 3, still nothing, VPX is still working thankfully! I dont know what else to try

Did FX3 SSF ever work for you?  Did you follow TerryRed's instructions on using PinupPlayer to introduce SSF into FX3?  Without that you will not have SSF and all sound effects will come through your backbox speakers.

Added: Looking at your previous posts it appears you did have the feature working before the latest FX3 version update.

2 hours ago, DanLShane said:

I just reimaged my cab back with fx3 working and there is no [SYSTEM] in that ini

That means you either have only one audio card in your system or the SSF audio device is already set as primary.  The [SYSTEM} field is only required if Windows incorrectly tags your audio device order.

Glad to hear you got it working.  I'm rebuilding my cab PC right now because Windows 11 borked the audio and video.  Going back to Windows 10.

• 2 months later...