Looking At Picking Up A Graphics Tablet

DStruct

Well I'm not near your level of graphics skill, but I have worked with Photoshop, and the 3D editor LIghtwave back when I was a post production tech with Indiana University.  I used an older style light tablet back then.  For me, I did much better with a good quality digital mouse.  If I had a lot of freehand work to do I would just do it on paper and then scan it in.  I know some people really like the tablets, but I would suggest you find someone with one and give it a real try before you spend a lot of money on one. Just my $.02

hell if I had the money I'd get one even just for use with vp

working for hours with a mouse trying to build in vp

leaves my hand all cramped up and in pain

a tablet with a pen may well help in that aspect at least

• Content Provider

get a wacom, dont look at anything else.

http://www.wacom.com/products/pen-tablets

i use a 21" cintiq  model

http://www.wacom.com/products/pen-displays/cintiq

That Cintiq looks pretty sick. I just picked up a lightly used Wacom Fun tablet (Medium) on our local craigslist for basically beer money and I am really happy with it. It was a snap to install and surprisingly, my version of Serif DrawPlus recognized it without any dicking around. On my last 2 redraws I started running into somethings that were a real PITA to do with only a mouse. I am still getting used to the feel of how the pen moves over the tablet, but a little bit of paper taped over it helped and now I don't use that either.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I've been solely using a mouse for everything to this point, and I was constantly saying "this could be much easier for me with a tablet."

I think a Wacom is in my future.

Archived