bought a oculus quest 2 and the PC link cable yesterday

I honeslty , no joking created my safe zone, as my bed, because i was laying in it while playing it lol. I downloaded steams full fx2 VR collection which is kind of a rip off, you get like 6 tables, then i got the 3 universal tables, and 1 walking dead table.   i then bought seperately the star wars collection. If you haven't tried it before , its amzing. I don't see myself playing hours and hours of it, but wow the pinball looks real, what a difference the height of the ramps and things in the tables makes. 

i know there are vpx virtual reality tables but i haven't tried any yet, and dont know how to set it up so that will have to wait. I dont want to ruin my build .  Best part about the quest 2 is you can go totally wireless and I played pinball and everything looked fine, graphics wise, The cable i have is insanely long , literallly i set up a safe room that went into other rooms. But the usb c wire comes more into play if you want to play first person shooters etc and want to have insane graphics.   

just wish there were more vr table that came with the fx2 VR collection. 

You’ll really enjoy getting VPX up. My friend was over the other day and has claimed MM is his favorite table ever for years….I own an actual AFM (which really is pretty much the same game), so I never bought an MM. Anyway….I put it on and he’s all cussing and saying it’s too difficult. I begin racking my brain as to what he’s comparing the VPX to…it plays close enough toMM…played it hundreds of times….I asked “are you comparing it to the FX version”…he stated he was. Of course Zen/FX2-3 is really fun, but they also have the physics set as a video game. His brain stem was so use to playing it on a cell phone or whatever he really struggled. It was oddly amusing.

Point is, once you upgrade you’ll get more of a real life type feel. I like FX2-3 also, not ragging…I just wish they would put a realistic mode on…the tables they molded from real life not that floaty and “sticky”. 

On 12/5/2021 at 4:13 PM, Darkstar said:

You’ll really enjoy getting VPX up. My friend was over the other day and has claimed MM is his favorite table ever for years….I own an actual AFM (which really is pretty much the same game), so I never bought an MM. Anyway….I put it on and he’s all cussing and saying it’s too difficult. I begin racking my brain as to what he’s comparing the VPX to…it plays close enough toMM…played it hundreds of times….I asked “are you comparing it to the FX version”…he stated he was. Of course Zen/FX2-3 is really fun, but they also have the physics set as a video game. His brain stem was so use to playing it on a cell phone or whatever he really struggled. It was oddly amusing.

Point is, once you upgrade you’ll get more of a real life type feel. I like FX2-3 also, not ragging…I just wish they would put a realistic mode on…the tables they molded from real life not that floaty and “sticky”. 

I think maybe you misread my post.  I have a full, toy tricked out pinball table, but i bought a Virtual Reality Head Set , the Oculus Rift 2.  I bought the cable which allows you to connect it to your gaming PC so you can play first person shooters etc , with all the graphics turned up because the oculus 2 headset is totally wireless. So i had it hooked into my pc (RTX3090) and it was pretty amazing looking to see the pinball tables in virtual reality. Not virtual pinball, but virtual reality pinball.  Does that make sense? IT does sound weird saying it. 

I do agree about the physics differences between fx tables and vpx , but i also see them between vpx and FP.  But as far as visuals go, You have to put on a Virtual Reality HeadSet in order to see how insanely real the tables look. Personally even with the new VR headsets super insane resolutions of like  4k per eye, I had lasik surgery years ago, and it F'd up my night vision, so I can only play Virtual Reality games for about 30 minutes before having to take the headset off.  

I will recommend anyone looking to buy one, is to get the oculus 2 because its by far one of the cheapest in prices, and even wirelessly i laid in bed and played games, and watched a 3D IMAX movie and it was insane!!, I recommend anyone download some old 3d movies you may have had to your pc ,and you can stream it to the headset, your sitting in a IMAX theater with people left and right to you, and I watched the movie 300 in 3D and holy crap it was insane. lol.  

Like we need to encourge each other to spend any more money. lol.   i bought the vr fx tables because they were in the VR store, (of course you couldn't use your real fx3), then i found out about actual VR VPX tables, i just haven't added them to my build yet.  I finally have my build where i turn it on and right now everything is working. lol (quickly made a full backup to a external ) and maybe ill try some real VPX VR tables .