Williams Real Pin Getaway wont recognize Pin2DMD

SCUBAking

I picked up a used PIN2DMD board in hopes of getting it running on Getaway.

I was told it was taken from a working game.

I have updated firmware on ST-Link as well as ColorPrism (4.27).

I have confirmed that it is activated.

I can go through all the test menus on PIN2DMD manually as well as correctly connecting using the PIN2DMD software for ColorPrism.

Currently I have it set to Bally/Williams "mode"

Currently is is on an external 5v 10a PS.

The problem I am having is that Getaway will not use the display, with the PAL and Color Scheme or not.  I was under the impression that this should plug in an function as a DMD single color if I didnt have the SD inserted and then would try to use the PAL and color scheme to colorize Getaway if I did insert the SD.  When I power cycle the PIN2DMD it shows me ColorPrism 4.27 and then goes to the Bally/Williams screen as attached, and does not ever go off that screen.

This is my first pin and therefore, my first PIN2DMD, I am sure it is something simple.

Are there a set of files that I am supposed to have on the SD ?  Is there a secret jumper setting I need to know?  Do I have to sacrifice 10 virgins to the pinball gods?

Any insight is appreciated. I love me some Getaway and cannot wait to get it in color.

I can post my UID if that is helpful also.

IMG_0491.JPG

66012026636__5C1BFC84-3714-4D75-A495-7DDD77EE02D9.jpg

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, SCUBAking said:

When I power cycle the PIN2DMD it shows me ColorPrism 4.27 and then goes to the Bally/Williams screen as attached, and does not ever go off that screen.

I can´t see that the DMD ribbon cable is connected and has the correct orientation

On 12/4/2021 at 11:28 AM, SCUBAking said:

I dont.  Only other pin I have is an EM.

I will see if I can go to a buddys place to test it there.

Still no luck.  Havent had a chance to test in another pin.  Does anyone know if it is possible that the original DMD would work (it does) but something on the display control board may have failed or needs to be adjusted to work with this PIN2DMD?  I can check this control board easier than I can get this PIN2DMD over to another pin to test it.

Thoughts?

• Content Provider

If the original plasma display works, pin2dmd should also work.

If the data format is somehow corrupted the red LED instead of the blue LED would flicker.

If currently no LED flickers, which indicates that no data is received from the software, I would guess that

you have a hardware defect either in input circuit or the Nucleo board.

On 12/7/2021 at 3:55 PM, lucky1 said:

If the original plasma display works, pin2dmd should also work.

If the data format is somehow corrupted the red LED instead of the blue LED would flicker.

If currently no LED flickers, which indicates that no data is received from the software, I would guess that

you have a hardware defect either in input circuit or the Nucleo board.

Which LED flickers?  Top Right? The reason I ask, is there is one single LED that is damaged on this one and it is Top Left.

There is no flickering on this guy.

Pretty sure it has crapped out, possibly why he sold it off.

Thanks!

• Content Provider
8 hours ago, SCUBAking said:

Which LED flickers? 

LD1 (Green), LD2 (Blue) and LD3 (Red)  are the user LEDs which are used be pin2dmd.

blue flickers if valid data is received

red flickers if invalid data is received or an error occurs