AC/DC 1.70 pin2dmd

Hello.  I have an AC/DC pro pinball running 1.70 code.   I have a pin2dmd installed, serial cable ready as well,  and I am looking to do the coloring with Pinball Browser and the MikeD macro.  The repository only has the 1.68LE macro available.  The download section only has v-pin update for 1.70.  Wondering if anyone knows how to get the 1.70 pro macro or who to contact about it. 

Thank You .

I ran the offsets suggested,  it did not work.  The offsets only worked on the premium macro, got that working no problem.  There is now a 1.70 LE bin for download here on the site.  The offset author updated the bin for all the LE Premium users.   Another person on pinside has told me MikeD has lost all his macros.  The hunt for any pro macros continues.  There is a 1.70 macro on this site but it is only for v-pins.  Saying to contact author for real pinball files.  I have reached out and there is no response yet, 

• Content Provider

Basically you have to compare the DMD frame ids between both ROMs, and tell the macro what's been shuffled around.

Which means you have to compare LE firmware of 1.68 with PRO firmware 1.70 and adjust the ShiftId commands according to the positions of the DMD Frames.

As far as I remember the Macro without the ShiftIDs is for the PRO firmware V1.68

Success.  Was able to acquire the 1.68LE bin from a pinsider.  Using the 1.68LE macro in the repository with the following ShiftIds and the coloring applied to the 1.70 bin. 

ShiftId,0,0x1a,0x40
ShiftId,0,0x1c,0x1a
ShiftId,0,0x38,ignored
ShiftId,0,0x3a,0x36
ShiftId,0,0x4e,0x58
ShiftId,0,0x64,0x70
ShiftId,0,0xb5,0xc4
ShiftId,0,0xb7,0xc8
ShiftId,0,0x5a1,ignored
ShiftId,0,0x5ab,0x5b2
ShiftId,0,0x1b96,0x1bc8
ShiftId,0,0x1ba7,0x1bdd

There are a few new images that are in the 1.70 pro.  All the new images are in the portals menu. 

To color the new images I first had to make a new bin with the updated 1.68LE shiftid macro.  Once that was done, I saved this new BIN file.  Then made a new small macro with colorings to the new portals images.  I did a few more macros after that as well with changes in colors to some other images as well.    I am a rookie at this, so it may not be the most efficient way but it worked for me.

ACDC170pro macro with shifts  - this is the initial macro to run (Make a new saved BIN file)

Load new BIN file.

portals coloring 170pro - for the portals menu.

ACDCpro3-7 - these are other changes I made in colors.  You may or may or may not like them.  I tried to fix an airplane scene that had green sky, uncolored small Rosies (these aren't great), missing color of a guy between 2 women, some blue skies that were yellow, devil guy chasing women one sequence not colored, etc.. 

For the coloring to work on real pin, you need the updated bin and to install the pin2dmd.pal file on your sd card of your pin2dmd display, 

portals coloring 170pro.pbm ACD170pro macro with shifts.pbm ACD170pro3.pbm ACD170pro4.pbm ACD170pro5.pbm ACD170pro6.pbm ACD170pro7.pbm pin2dmd.pal

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, FishTales10 said:

Success.  Was able to acquire the 1.68LE bin from a pinsider.  Using the 1.68LE macro in the repository with the following ShiftIds and the coloring applied to the 1.70 bin.

Did you use serial sidechannel or inFrame ?

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, FishTales10 said:

I used inframe.   

Generally inframe is easier but has some drawbacks.

The 8 pixels in the upper left corner which are used to switch the palette are visible and

in some scenes those are overwritten by e.g. a frame which prevents the correct palette to be used.

You can get rid of those if you use a serial cable as described here https://pin2dmd.com/pinball-browser/

and generate a serial sidechannel patched firmware.

• 3 months later...
  • Content Provider
On 12/8/2021 at 8:44 PM, lucky1 said:

Generally inframe is easier but has some drawbacks.

The 8 pixels in the upper left corner which are used to switch the palette are visible and

in some scenes those are overwritten by e.g. a frame which prevents the correct palette to be used.

You can get rid of those if you use a serial cable as described here https://pin2dmd.com/pinball-browser/

and generate a serial sidechannel patched firmware.

To convert this new Macro to Serial Side channel, is it just a case of adding the comm patch to the binary, adding the serial of the machine and changing the settings from inframe to serial side channel. Then save the new smartdmd.txt and import to the Pin2dmd editor and export a new pal?

Olga wrote here (see quote below) and I am not sure if there is another step somewhere to make sure serial side channel is selected before the pallet is assigned to frames.

"Don't forget to select "side-channel" in the SmartDmd tab (before assigning palettes to your frames) and to configure SmartDmd accordingly (select "side-channel" in the SmartDmd configurator)."