Pin2DMD HD and VPX - not displaying correctly

stumblor

Hey all - anyone know why the following could be happening when trying to get my HD pin2dmd to work with VPX?

image.thumb.png.7dda2a0613b9d4c50727b868707e520a.png

Freezys 1.9 DLL and DMDExt (https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases)

dmddevice.ini set to Pin2dmd

External DMD set to on

Correct color files/folders/rom names

correct RGB sequence

Have tried Lucky's DLL but that doesn't seem to work at all (blank screen during VPX, although it works during pinmame test). Only some games are doing it, but all displaying the same characteristic - lower half of the screen not displaying correctly during some modes, and usually in places like the general scoring screen.

1 hour ago, stumblor said:

Have tried Lucky's DLL but that doesn't seem to work at all (blank screen during VPX, although it works during pinmame test). Only some games are doing it, but all displaying the same characteristic - lower half of the screen not displaying correctly during some modes, and usually in places like the general scoring screen.

Freezy 100% will not work, you will need to use luckys DLL. The fact it works correctly in vpinmame test suggests to me you have got a Freezy DLL knocking around somewhere and this is causing your problem - I had precisely the same issue a few weeks back. Search the whole drive for dmddevice.dll and consider replacing them all with the latest lucky DLL instead (perhaps rename/backup the originals, just in case I'm wrong!) - don't limit your search to just the vpx folder.

No luck. So this is the current state of things:

* Copy the dmddevice.dll from DMDExt folder --> visualpinball/pinmame = the pin2dmd works when a table is loaded, but the colours are wrong

* Copy the dmddevice.dll from https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/tree/master/integration/pinmame --> visualpinball/pinmame = get a blank screen after loading a table. PinballX shows red animations okay though.

Seems like it might be a DLL block, but I've opened up all the permissions and don't have any specific properties to 'unblock'. 

Edit - I've also tried with a normal pin2dmd and same issue, so I'm sure it's something specific to my configuration (rather than an HD pin2dmd issue).

What do I need to be doing with libusbK.dll ?

Edited by stumblor

Okay change the USD driver to libusbk has definitely helped (I'm getting output on the DMD now!) but the colours are still all wrong. Not the RGB sequence.

Edit - TOM looks okay though - might just be the colour files for MB!

Might be *fixed*

Edited by stumblor

Nope, still a colour issue with half of the files, MB, JD, WH20 and others.

WH20 screen example:

image.thumb.png.d6f64479d5725ceb82dfcd4cea749e53.png

Something else I've noticed, when waiting in 'Virtual Pinball' mode, the screen 'jumps' from the correct RGB sequence to this one after a second or so:

image.thumb.png.9918d52b36cd44440d959aca39ef55e2.png

Interestingly, if I switch back to a normal DMD, the issue disappears. Also the normal screen doesn't jump to the above RGB pattern - it stays as the correct one.

WH20 on the normal screen:

image.thumb.png.afbef4d8447df035c7d3447562c62153.png

Updated the HD firmware, which didn't fix it. Some colours files working fine (TOM for example) but others not.

@lucky1 Something obvious I'm doing wrong?

Edited by stumblor

Aha! This was referred to in another thread recently - remove the pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.fsq files from the SD card in VPin mode!!!

Edit: thread here - 

Your middle picture - that's my default palette for CFTBL coming through from the file on the SD - I can tell because I always put RGB and CMYK colours on the right