PIN2DMD Live Preview/Virtual Pinball Usage

sudsy7

I finally have a PIN2DMD hanging on the wall that I can use for editor Live Preview and as an external DMD for virtual pinball.  Everything works well, but I have a couple of questions.  In order to use it for Live Preview, I must put the pal and fsq files on the microSD card.  When I do that, a mysterious dot appears after the word "PIN2DMD" on the splash screen, and even the letters in word "PIN2DMD" are orange instead of the normal white color.  I have a feeling the color change is because I changed my default palette colors.  The PIN2DMD seems to work well when I click live preview - the colors are normal and it seems to recognize triggers as I play recordings, although I do notice it does lag a bit at times and it doesn't play everything perfectly (sometimes color is lost and regained as scenes play through).   Is this all normal?

The second question is if I try to use the PIN2DMD as an external DMD (using the pal and vni files in the altcolor folder), but with the pal and fsq files still on the SD card, it is choppy and laggy.  But if I take the pal and fsq files off the SD card, it works flawlessly.  So, it seems that the micro SD has to be "configured" correctly, depending on if you want to use it for live preview or an virtual pinball DMD.  Is that correct?

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, sudsy7 said:

When I do that, a mysterious dot appears after the word "PIN2DMD" on the splash screen

That indicates that the pin2dmd is set to RAM storage. Reset your pin2dmd settings to default.

3 hours ago, sudsy7 said:

The second question is if I try to use the PIN2DMD as an external DMD (using the pal and vni files in the altcolor folder), but with the pal and fsq files still on the SD card, it is choppy and laggy.

You are using 2 colorizations at the same time. In vpin mode SD card needs to be empty or removed.

• 2 years later...