hello from North Jersey

JerseyJohnny

I just got going into the v/pinball hobby. Before this I built home arcades, bartops, 3/4's etc just as a hobby.  I literally dont sleep.  I retired at 39, so after working out in the morning, i spend most of the day on projects. Is anyone here like me, where I actually spend more time upgrading and modding my machines then I actually do in hours spent playing games on them? lol I'm definately jealous of you guys/gals with all the room in the world to fill up with cabinets and a theatre, etc. Current;y Im living about 10 min drive from New York CIty. So I have a tiny two bedroom apartment. I have a shore house thats closed up now for the winter so can't really build my super man cave there.  Hopefully will move by this summer, into one house instead of two.  

I built one pc that runs my atgameslegends ultimate 1.1 and  whats left of the atgames pinball table. I installed the buy stuff store deluxe back box for the atgames pinball table, it uses the stock backglass (15.5inch) as the Full DMD now, and a 24 inch Backglass above it, both are 1080P, Also have 4 4inch speakers wires up to a amplifier in the back box.  I removed the stock playfield and now have a LG 32inch 165hz 1440p, 1ms gaming monitor with 10bit HDR. Inside the cabinet I have 8 solinoids, power supply etc., plus 2 more amplifiers that go to 4 dayton exciters 2 front and 2 rear, and one dayton audio bass shaker.

While waiting for parts, i built a pc, then decided to build one pc that would run my pinball table and my atgames alu1.1.

PC is totally rediculous for this , even if it is running two arcades, Im waiting for more parts to come in and i can make some changes, but im using a nice Huge corsair 5000airflow case, ryzen 9 5900x 12core(24threads) running at 4.9ghz, 2 gen 4 samsung pro 980 1tb M.2 nVme drives, EVGA platinum 1000 PSU, RTX3090 Founders Edition, and 64gb or corsair dominator ram running at 4ghz. (had 32gb, but its rgb and it looked funny with the empty spots, Oh , the case has 9 fans going in it, and the cpu is hoooked up to a 360mm radiator liqud cooler.  The NZXT 3 fan cooler with the lcd display. dont know the name off hand. its bad ass though.  So I love tech, all of it, tvs, pc's, arcades, and justgot into pinball.  i need to move to really build a machine that i want. but i made the most of a city apartment.

corner.jpg

1 hour ago, robertms said:

Welcome here, sounds like you've got your priorities straight! Curious how you managed to retire at 39?

Got shot up at work.  Ever hear about those people who slip and fall and break a leg at work and sue ,and its like a winning lottery ticket.  Well try getting shot at work , and living. Same type of concept except, You never have to go back to work again. So once a month for the rest of my life /I get paid (100% tax free, no federal , no state taxes) and free hoirzon blue cross blue shield health insurace free for life.

The virus has kept me from really getting to go out and enjoy it yet.  I was thinking of leasing a brand new luxry toy hauler or 5th wheel or something, and taking my two dogs and drive around the country for a year. I was gonna do that while have a house built down the jersey shore close to my families one. But i know that if i drove around the country Ill find a place that i probably just wouldn't want to leave. lol. I thought about the outter banks , but i haven't been there since i was a young kid, but it was amazing there.  Is that north or south carolina? Could be possibly both. either way, it was awesome as a kid. wonder how it is now.

Bro, your build is awesome. I really want a LED matrix or bar, but it just wont work in what i have now. the atgames pinball table was my first ever pinball machine, But iv'e  dont pretty much everything you could to do , to it, except for a topper and LED lighting. I am thinking of having a friend build me a larger cabinet to hold a 40-42inch 4k screen , right now i have a LG 1440P 165hz screen 32 inch screen.  I wanted 4k, but the price jump for this monitor goes from $800 to $1600 for the 4k version., and at 32 inches , you really dont see that much of a difference between 2k and 4k.  

Any chance of the new godzilla machine coming to virtual pinball?  How do they even do that? 

• Content Provider
18 minutes ago, jtravapd said:

Any chance of the new godzilla machine coming to virtual pinball?  How do they even do that? 

Not for a few years most likely.  Partially because artists don't want to infringe when the table is still being sold by the manufacturer, and partially because it runs on a system that isn't able to be emulated yet.

And sorry to hear about the getting shot, but glad it's led to somewhere positive!  In a sort of similar situation myself, but I just get medical and enough for my mortgage 😁

On 11/19/2021 at 11:04 PM, Wylte said:

Not for a few years most likely.  Partially because artists don't want to infringe when the table is still being sold by the manufacturer, and partially because it runs on a system that isn't able to be emulated yet.

And sorry to hear about the getting shot, but glad it's led to somewhere positive!  In a sort of similar situation myself, but I just get medical and enough for my mortgage 😁

Sorry to hear but good for the mortgage

• Administrators
4 hours ago, jtravapd said:

Ouch 48 views and only one hello. Lol 

Unfortunately... that's how forums seem to work now days.  People expect more instant interactions now such as Facebook Groups, Discord, etc.  Forums just move too slow for people.

On 11/22/2021 at 9:00 AM, Dazz said:

Unfortunately... that's how forums seem to work now days.  People expect more instant interactions now such as Facebook Groups, Discord, etc.  Forums just move too slow for people.

No i know that my point was 48 people were here already lol

• 1 month later...

howdy, you and me are around the same age and both from north nj... i wonder if we know each other lol. currently live in Boston but I spent the entire 90's in Wood-Ridge, a little town that's always confused with Ridge-Wood.  I went to a technical high school in teterboro for commercial art, it was a regional school made up of kids from all over north jersey. Spent many days slumming around with my friends up to no good at the garden state plaza mall smoking butts outside borders. They called me "crazy Pete" if that rings any bells ha

Edited by petelunacy

On 1/23/2022 at 3:34 PM, petelunacy said:

howdy, you and me are around the same age and both from north nj... i wonder if we know each other lol. currently live in Boston but I spent the entire 90's in Wood-Ridge, a little town that's always confused with Ridge-Wood.  I went to a technical high school in teterboro for commercial art, it was a regional school made up of kids from all over north jersey. Spent many days slumming around with my friends up to no good at the garden state plaza mall smoking butts outside borders. They called me "crazy Pete" if that rings any bells ha

not sure, but from like 1997-2001 i was at every club in north jersey and NYC. Joeys, sound factory, I went to william paterson university which is a party school.  I pretty much knew everyone in the club scene in north jersey during that time. I was known as "Boner" or "the bone" , because well i pretty much nailed every chick in north jersey. lol. I was more of a seaside club kid though during the summers , temptations and surfclub.  We would go to temptations down the shore saturday night around 9PM, Leave at closing around 2am, Drive an hour north to NYC to go to Sound Factory, ;party there till around 1pm Sunday afternoon, then drive another hour back down the shore and go to surf club by like 3pm.  Crazy thing is we would see like a group of about 40 of us who all were at all the same clubs. we called it doing the circuit. lol needless to say , we had tons of energy back then . lolol Ask any girl around our age from our area if she went to joeys and all those places if she ever heard or hooked up with boner from william paterson university. lol  Chances are you will find someone. 

ha cool. i was at a couple of those clubs here and there, mostly dragged along by friends.  used to get some really good pot at the tunnel. that's legal now so, i can say that here right lol. never was really a part of that scene, mostly stayed by the rock/industrial stuff like the knitting factory. or comedy shows at UCB. wow now im getting home sick ha.  also: Silverball in Asbury Park!!!! man I must have played their Gorgar like 1000 times.

Edited by petelunacy

2 hours ago, petelunacy said:

ha cool. i was at a couple of those clubs here and there, mostly dragged along by friends.  used to get some really good pot at the tunnel. that's legal now so, i can say that here right lol. never was really a part of that scene, mostly stayed by the rock/industrial stuff like the knitting factory. or comedy shows at UCB. wow now im getting home sick ha.  also: Silverball in Asbury Park!!!! man I must have played their Gorgar like 1000 times.

I can say this because im retired and it was about 25years ago. Never was " the devils lettuce" fan. lol The X craze hit right at its peak when I was going to all the clubs, so do the math.  Then 911 happened and that was it, that pipeline where it all came from was shut down forever.

Thanks alot bin laden.,   F*$#ing party pooper.  lol.