Extra Balls - Should they be plunged?

• Administrators

Per IFPA rules - Extra Balls should be deactivated within the rom settings.  If the game is not able to disable extra balls; the extra ball should be plunged.  

Recent changes to the IFPA rule - If extra balls are enabled on the game.  The person can announce and play the extra ball, but they have to plunge one of their next balls.

These rules are difficult to enforce for virtual / online league.  I think for our use; simply plunging the extra ball would suffice.

• Dazz changed the title to Extra Balls - Should they be plunged?
  • 2 months later...

I want to join in on this digital league so bad, but i hear i need to build/buy a cabinet first? i'll get there eventually. anywho... I'm in a real life league: the New England Pinball league. we are IFPA approved and pay IFPA dues.  we plunge extra balls (if they have not been turned off). any random points gained on the plunged ball are okay, but no touching the machine after the plunge. in the settings on some tables EB's can be replaced with score awards. our rule book says we do this for time reasons with no other reason given. but i think it's more than that. extra balls offer an unfair advantage as they can be given randomly on many tables and dramatically offer an advantage.