My first (older) pin that I'm keeping.

BrandonLaw

Cleaned it up even more.  Ordered a new middle beacon as it was yellowed and wouldn't come all the way out with the commercial grade peroxide...game's too nice to have dingy parts!  Filed down the bezel to fit perfectly.  Backglass was a bit funky fixed that up.  Fixed the door and some outer cosmetic things, but overall a beaut!  Really fits right in with the new ones.  A very nice setup of playstyles.  Just waiting on yet another pushed back date on the Mandalorian....sigh.

IMG_4200.thumb.jpg.affd63635094ac54d27061ddf621f8d4.jpg

Nice lineup. Beatles is grrrreat! Haven't seen it in enough home collections.

Did you see the guy that is making metal ramps for Mandalorian pros? Might as well order one from him now so it's ready for you. They're amazing.

On 10/15/2021 at 7:35 AM, bord said:

Nice lineup. Beatles is grrrreat! Haven't seen it in enough home collections.

Did you see the guy that is making metal ramps for Mandalorian pros? Might as well order one from him now so it's ready for you. They're amazing.

I did!  I have a premium coming for largely that reason.  The PF is very forward and the plastic ramps were in your face.  I'm glad the aftermarket ramps exist as it will make many pro-owners muchhhh happier.  Seawitch ...I mean the Beatles is EXTREMELY fun and challenging.  The person I purchased it from actually owns Rock and Roll Pinball in Alabama and had 2...one at his pinhub and one in his home collection.  I actually still feel bad playing it a bit as it's a numbered Platinum edition and I hate that feeling.  Trying to shake it.  It was his Son's favorite table and he had over 200 go through his possession.  It's one of those 'it's so easy I can do this' tables...then you can't.  The super low-scoring is really fun too when you compare it to most newer Sterns.

• 1 year later...

I was just cruising and found this old thread. Good looking machine and a nice collection.

Coincidentally, this was my first pinball machine as well. Like yours, it has the clear dome and white flashers in the back making it an Early Production machine. I purchased it about 15 years ago from Goodwill for $700. It was a wreck, I knew nothing about pinball and there weren’t the resources for parts and support that there are today, but I cleaned it up and learned. I remember having to replace the missing beacon assembly which was simply unobtainable at the time. I ended up taking a chance and ordered a used one from some guy I found in Germany. Thankfully that worked out. I’m far from being an expert, but today I have little problem swapping out a coil, rebuilding a pop bumper or replacing a blown transistor. I did lighting upgrades similar to yours, but included the backglass and added some lighting on the playfield where there was none. It’s a beautiful fun machine. A lot of people don’t care for it because the rules are so simple, but I’d never get rid of it.