Need Help finding Creator/Programmer

KDJ

Does anyone know who made the Fish Tales table? I need to talk to them concerning bugs/glitches. (not the zen fx one)

Im also having problems with all of the zen fx tables where the playfield nudges all the time and then tilts, without me touching anything.

I have a new VP Ultra from Rec room world/Roland Buck.

Sure. Willams made the Fish Tales machine. And there is many Fish Tales emulations out there, be specific.

Zen is a commercial product - ask where you bought it, same goes for VP Ultra. You won't find any love in this community fixing your pre installed cab.

• Administrators

@Thalamus is correct.  Machines should never be sold with games on them as that goes against everything this hobby is about. If this is a pre-loaded cabinet that you purchased from a store/individual... please contact them for support. 

Funny, the company/indivudual that sold me the machine, told me to join this community and ask around who made it. i have a real williams whitewater table, a 19" sharpin for my nintendo switch that runs zen fx, real pinball and pinball museum, but this pre loaded VP Ultra from Rec Room World has 2 fish tales emu's on it, one is zen fx, the other is unknown, it has a bunch of gliches and bugs, I wanted to find out if there was an update.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, KDJ said:

Funny, the company/indivudual that sold me the machine, told me to join this community and ask around who made it. i have a real williams whitewater table, a 19" sharpin for my nintendo switch that runs zen fx, real pinball and pinball museum, but this pre loaded VP Ultra from Rec Room World has 2 fish tales emu's on it, one is zen fx, the other is unknown, it has a bunch of gliches and bugs, I wanted to find out if there was an update.

This is why the community is against pre-loaded game sellers.  The sellers take their money, profiting from content THEY DID NOT CREATE THEMSELVES, and they don't want to support their shit.  They pawn it off on the community to support their crap.

Truth is... We have no way of knowing... You, the owner of the machine, can open Virtual Pinball and open the table in question.  Perhaps in the script it shows who created that specific version.  OR... Just download one of the many versions and figure out which one you like best. Surely they taught you how to download, install, and configure games for your setup, right?

13 hours ago, KDJ said:

So, a couple of things:

First, it's absolute garbage that the seller has pawned you off on the community for an install they did. It shouldn't have to be your responsibility to go into a community that will be borderline hostile to the idea of having to help figure out which table they installed just to provide support that the seller should be providing. This is Business 101, you Do Right by the Customer, and telling you to come to us, especially with no clue which version, is nowhere close to that.

Second, I would put bonafide money on the idea that the Zen FX3 install on there is pirated. Which is doubly bad. And, again, if there's a problem, it should be the seller who should be helping to fix it.

My recommendation: Ask for a refund (because things don't work), pursue chargeback with the CC when he says "it was as is" for product not as advertised, and then nuke all the software and then follow the TerryRed tutorials on YouTube to get things up and working again.

• Content Provider
On 10/10/2021 at 12:53 AM, KDJ said:

[...] this pre loaded VP Ultra from Rec Room World has 2 fish tales emu's on it [...]

First of all, welcome to this forum KDJ. I hope you found a new home for everything VP related.

I had a look at the website you mentioned and noticed they sell their machines for $8,295. I sure hope that is not what you paid for it while not getting any support from them.

As mentioned above, this community is heavily against any form of piracy / reselling community work for profit. The large Pinball manufacturers and rightsholders have been tolerating the VP community since no one profits from this hobby, but when more and more resellers are making a profit from their intellectual property they can send a cease and desist (Rec Room World does not own any of the the rights to Fish Tales, regardless which version (Zen of VP) and they are basically illegaly selling other peoples/companies hard work). This could mean the end of a hobby and a community a lot of people enjoy. A recent example is a popular VP website closing down because the owner kept running into these a-holes reselling content that the community offered on his website for free, whilst he had to spent money for keeping his platform up and running.

So the responses you are seeing here are not so much against your decision to purchase a virtual pinball cabinet with pirated software (we all make mistakes, I for sure was ignorant when I started this hobby, and learned about all the rules along the way). We are upset to see companies that know that what they do is illegal, profit heavily from other companies intellectual properties or freely available 'fan-recreations' of tables and on top of that tells their clients to reach out to the community for support.

TLDR: you are very welcome here, and I am sure many of us would like to help you out when you have questions about installing VP by yourself and where to get the tables and files (make sure to thank the authors, they spent hundreds, sometimes thousands of hours in (re)creating a table). Don't be scared away by our reaction to your post, but spend some time on understanding what we are about, the rules that come with this hobby and on how to install everything yourself on your machine. It may take some time, but I can guarantee you that you'll enjoy the ride.

• Content Provider

Lol: this is what they put on their website:

*DISCLAIMER
Due to legal constraints here in the United States we cannot include any pinball table ROMS with our Virtual Pinball Machines. However, a 100% fully compatible plug & play SSD hard drive is available from an international third party for $150. It only takes a minute to install. We will provide those details after purchase.