3d holografic fan topper integration application

Hi,

i just wanted to let you know that i did a little project on how to integrate a low budget holografic fan into my cab.

i did a small software to integrate them into PipUpPopper.

if you need it, its here = https://github.com/buzzibaer/FanPlugin.Wrapper

What does it do?

This small cluecode application is getting events from the table to show corresponding pic / vid on the 3d holografic fan.

If you want to see it in action look here = https://youtu.be/gSEaMVhVHcs or here https://youtu.be/rK_Xfbv4QXQ

And with dedicated events see here = https://youtu.be/YnqAcIEPP1M

Feedback welcome :)

buzzibaer

Edited by buzzibaer

• 4 weeks later...

Dude i swear to you i have a entire amazon list with these hologram fans that i want to use as a topper . They would fit perfect on my wall. They go from $100 to $1k. And not all are actively updated, most you need to load images onto a sd card. I saw some to work from your phone, but none that i could load , per table. For exMple, for lord of the rings i wanted to have the eye of sauron appear. Direct message me if you want, id def like to compare what models you have tried , which are garbage etc.

Usually the China Fans are all on the same tech stack.

I integreated different ones for different guys.

At least you need a version with wifi to controll the video playback remotely.

I bought a very cheap one.

See product link in my documentation = https://github.com/buzzibaer/FanPlugin.Wrapper#readme

I got it for 75 Bucks on Aliexpress one year ago.

2 tings i leaned:

1. Fan is quite loud...there are covers if you need them. But for me it is ok....VPIN is making a lot of noice anyway, but some guys find it tooo loud :)
2. Go for Wifi and have a look onto the cont of LEDs, More LEDs >> better quality

3. making and editing those vids are not easy..but there is a good and easy way i learned

I got the quite cheap one with 384 LEDs on the fan:

grafik.png.e4ab8eb400a9dbea2888de974b9cf84c.png

Edited by buzzibaer

• 4 weeks later...

hey .i emailed you a few times, all the hologram fans read .bin files which they give you software to do , , and they give you like 700 images to start out with, (not converted though)  , Best images look 3D on a black backround.  Not all fans have blutooth or wifi or app, like mine and mine wasn't cheap lol.  Can you upload the videos you converted so I can just add them to my memory card and let the fan run on a loop.  Mine won't correspond with my topper as originally planned but im just gonna use it as a game room decoration , how many videos have you created so far?  and if you can , would you want  to share. 

• 4 weeks later...

Can you share the whatever .bin files you created? All the fans use the same files, unfortunately i dont have a remote controlled fan, just one that plays videos on a loop. So i just need to load the videos onto my sd card. The videos arent easy to make and have to be put on black backrounds to look 3d , so just regular videos dont work.

What BTF controller are you using for the LED strips? I have the same ones, same tracks, i have like 5 different addressble controllers. Looks like your using a sound one? 

Heres my fan, walmart sells a wire hider so you could mount the fan on the wall like i did so you dont have to worry about the blades hitting the wire. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 8:50 AM, jtravapd said:

hey .i emailed you a few times, all the hologram fans read .bin files which they give you software to do , , and they give you like 700 images to start out with, (not converted though)  , Best images look 3D on a black backround.  Not all fans have blutooth or wifi or app, like mine and mine wasn't cheap lol.  Can you upload the videos you converted so I can just add them to my memory card and let the fan run on a loop.  Mine won't correspond with my topper as originally planned but im just gonna use it as a game room decoration , how many videos have you created so far?  and if you can , would you want  to share. 

i dont have a good media lib for the fan.

just experimenting with the technology.

But there is a very easy way to grab those vids.

1. go to sketchfab.com or similar site
2. look for models (there are a lot of free ones)
3. if you klick on a model 3d will be rendered and you can choose the size
look for vids with black background
4. use OBS or another screen recorder to record the 3d model while moving it with your mous
5. use our encoder software for the fan to encode the videos

thats it...quite easy

7 hours ago, buzzibaer said:

I am using the PAL Board from Mike >> https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=43482 Teensy based :)

yeah i have like 4 BTF types of controllers, i have a pinscape board, a teensey 3.2 board with a Octo 28 shield, but they seem as if i need to sodder any wire hook ups and ive never done that in my life. lol.    I ordered a actual box that frency talks about in his videos from germany , that is way easier , you literally just plug the stripts, matrix etc into the outputs on their custom board and its all programged for you already. best part is no soddering or anything, The connectors just lock into place .  I also ordered 4 rgb addressable buttons with leaf switches , and a new plunger complete kit with board etc. But mail is taking forever. I ordered it back on january 11th.