Stern Sam not displaying correctly with FW 4.24 EVO

Terranigma

• Content Provider

Hey guys, can anyone test a Pin2dmd with FW 4.24 on a Stern SAM machine?

I have tested multiple units but it is not displaying correctly. It is missing some frames / animations (this is without a colour file). I have also tried different stern modes but they do not work.

Original DMD works fine.

I can’t downgrade these at the moment to check if it’s a firmware issue or if the hardware is at fault. I have tested the same pcb on a Bally/Williams will no problem.

Evo 128x32 PCB

Thanks

• Terranigma changed the title to Stern Sam not displaying correctly with FW 4.24 EVO
  • Content Provider
On 9/27/2021 at 3:33 PM, lucky1 said:

Working without a problem in my ST Pro ! I would check the circuit around the LS123

Thanks for the reply. I have been doing a lot of testing before I came back to this. At this stage it is only Family Guy that has the issue, the Pin2dmd has been tested on TAF, FT, Teed Off and all work fine. The Pin2dmd's in TAF, FT and Teed Off (3 different ones) produce the same result in Family Guy. 

So 4 Pin2dmd's all work on Bally/Williams and Gottlieb but not on this Family Guy Stern SAM. Can the LS123 affect only SAM machines and not the others? Is it likely there is a bad batch of 4 Pin2dmd's that all have a fault that only affects Family Guy Stern SAM and works on other machines?

Just trying to narrow it down here. I've got people to test their own Pin2dmd on a range of SAM games with firmware 4.24 on EVO's and there has been no issue at all. This one seems very strange.

Colour file is not loaded and problems persist and original DMD works fine. 

• Content Provider

Just to make sure I get it right.

You tested 4 different boards in the Family Guy and had the same issue?

You tested EVO boards with 4.24 in different SAM games and had no issue ?

Since vbobrusev has his family guy colorization successfully running on his machine I don´t expect 

it to be a pin2dmd issue. 

I guess then the problem is this family guy machine.

That the error is not recognizable for the eye on the original dmd does not mean that it is not there.

• Content Provider
6 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Just to make sure I get it right.

You tested 4 different boards in the Family Guy and had the same issue?

You tested EVO boards with 4.24 in different SAM games and had no issue ?

Yes that’s correct. Thanks for the information.

I’m getting them to swap out the data cable and also double check the original dmd for any lines.

This  behaviour happens without the colour file as well. I have got permission to post videos so maybe you could spot something that we are missing.

• Content Provider

How about updating the pinball firmware to the latest version ?!!!

As far as I can see V3.00 is installed. Latest is V12.00 !!!

I don´t say that this will solve the problem, but it is almost the same like asking why the 64 color file is not working 

with pin2dmd version V1.x