Popper VR Frontend Browser Released (beta)

NailBuster

Excited to announce that Popper VR files are ready for public beta release.

If you are already using PinUP Popper and have VPX VR/Future Pinball VR/Zaccaria VR or other VR apps to launch...give it a try.

Should work with any OPENXR compatible headset. Mainly been tested with SteamVR/Quest/Oculus.

Thanks to all that have helped out so far.

Scampa123 for all his testing/troubleshooting and tutorial videos.  

All info/setup/download start here:  

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=poppervr_config

Not sure if this is the best place to ask but...I'm having a problem.  I have a single screen setup and PopperVR captures the entire screen and displays it on both the backglass and playfield.  I followed the setup vid and everything else works fine but in VR, my entire display is mirrored entirely to both places.  Any help would be much appreciated.

for Desktop,  things get a little tricky on how best to use Popper VR.  

IMO,  the best solution would be to use a fake/2nd monitor dongle so that you can mimic a real pin in VR space.  Also with others things the hdmi/DP dongle solves other things in VP-VR land with mirroring dmds etc.

The alternative is to have the desktop view on the BG in your VR cab and use media on the playfield (not using display mirroring but actually showing a mp4 or playfield).

The easiest/best would be to use a 2nd 'virtual' display.

• 3 months later...

Thanks Nailbuster, this works great. Being able to play VPX at the cab and just choose VR from your Operator Menu to switch to VR mode and back makes everything simple. Note to anyone else setting this up, if you already have all of your VPX Media set and want to add all of the media for the VR Tables and your tables are named differently like VR Room Ace Of Speed, just go to the game manager and in the "Media Search" field "VR" Room Ace Of Speed (for example), type in ACE Of Speed* (with the asterisk) this will make Popper use your VPX media for the VR version and fill all media boxes for that table automatically. 

• 1 month later...

Solved - Re installed Steam VR and once headset showed as connected went to Steam VR settings and ensured the XR was set to STEAM.

Thanks Rob & David

Thanks for this David.

I have set this up however when I transfer to VR from the op's menu, the unity logo appears in my headset but then the logo goes transulcent ( stays on screen )

and i only see the room through the logo.

Everything functions.

On the VR preview screen on pc its fine though, fine as in no untiy logo.

Ive tried with both steam and open comps, still the same.

2d popper mode works fine for VR, its just the 3d room issue.

any ideas?

thanks

• 1 month later...

@NailBuster

Solved. Scampi helped me solve. Vpx-vr doesn’t work with virtual desktop streamer, but works perfect with oculus link and oculus air.

Thank you for popper-vr. I am having one issue. I have a quest 2, VPX-VR working great and can play standalone VR tables fine.  Latest SteamVR (OpenXR Runtime as SteamVR), also have lastest Virtal Desktop Streamer (no oculus link cable yet).  Followed PopperVR install tutorial by Scampa using popper_VR_v073.  Popper custom script to Toggler VR does not let me enter the room, I only see space.  I can still initiate the VPX-VR tables from my VR playlist.  I have verified the path and name of the room in the models directory matches the JSON config file and latest C++ redistributables are installed (2015-2019). Any ideas are appreciated.

• 8 months later...
On 3/17/2022 at 5:19 AM, DaRdog81 said:

@NailBuster

Solved. Scampi helped me solve. Vpx-vr doesn’t work with virtual desktop streamer, but works perfect with oculus link and oculus air.

Thank you for popper-vr. I am having one issue. I have a quest 2, VPX-VR working great and can play standalone VR tables fine.  Latest SteamVR (OpenXR Runtime as SteamVR), also have lastest Virtal Desktop Streamer (no oculus link cable yet).  Followed PopperVR install tutorial by Scampa using popper_VR_v073.  Popper custom script to Toggler VR does not let me enter the room, I only see space.  I can still initiate the VPX-VR tables from my VR playlist.  I have verified the path and name of the room in the models directory matches the JSON config file and latest C++ redistributables are installed (2015-2019). Any ideas are appreciated.

I did everything like you and one more thing, but I only just can went a little steep more than you: I've edited the file 'PopperVRSettings.json' with values like @NailBuster said in the wiki:

fetch.php?w=466&h=24&tok=1163d5&media=ca

Now, POPPER_VR_v073 doesn't show the infinity of the deep space but the first of my tables: OK, this is my only improvement. Sadly the picture is only in the window and it's freezed:

imagen.thumb.png.ba7004a8e233b35f48682cb2b82829a2.png

On the other hand, there isn't VR activity in my HMD 'HP Reverb G2' because I continue watching only the Steam VR environment (wich has it OpenXR previously activated).

Now I'm lost and don't know how to continue. Help, please (and thanks)!

• 1 year later...
  • Content Provider

Hello everyone,
I would like to know if it is possible to rotate the PopperVR display into portrait mode.
I use VR from my Pincab and would like the cloned video from the headset to be rotated 90 degrees so that it is oriented correctly on the Pincab screen.
I tried to configure Windows and Pinup in portrait but I still encounter a PopperVR orientation problem.
I looked at the PopperVRSettings.json "rotationMon" conf file, without success.
  {"active": 2, "PUPID": "3", "name": "Playfield", "montiorNumber": -1,"invertX": 1, "invertY": 0, "rotationMon": 0, "fps ":60, "capMode": 3},

Many thanks for the excellent work you accomplish and share.