[New VPX Alert]Space Shuttle (Williams 1984)

bord

Space Shuttle (Williams 1984)

My first memory of pinball is playing Space Shuttle. I still love it.

Built in 2019, updated in 2021 with fleep sounds, roth drop target physics, minor visual and physics tweaks. Thanks to @rothbauerw who initially set up the physics and rubber dampeners for me.

May of 2022 - 2.0 is a completely new build from scratch with thanks to rothbauerw for scripting and vr, christian and armyaviation for resources, rawd for the vr room elements

• 1 year later...

Having trouble adjusting the brighness/contrast - I can usually do it in the live config tool but it doesn't seem to have an effect.  Peeled through the script but didn't see anything obvious.  It's almost like its "washed out' and hazy.  The lighting effects are brilliant, but almost too good.   I had 1.1.1 looking perfect- deep dark blue with the apron being almost black around the inserts.   Theres a lot of lighter blue/purple in this one.  Am I missing something obvious?   The picture above is not what I'm getting.   Thx in advance!

40 minutes ago, thestumper said:

Having trouble adjusting the brighness/contrast - I can usually do it in the live config tool but it doesn't seem to have an effect.  Peeled through the script but didn't see anything obvious.  It's almost like its "washed out' and hazy.  The lighting effects are brilliant, but almost too good.   I had 1.1.1 looking perfect- deep dark blue with the apron being almost black around the inserts.   Theres a lot of lighter blue/purple in this one.  Am I missing something obvious?   The picture above is not what I'm getting.   Thx in advance!

VPX 10.7 introduces a lot more bloom. It sucks. Turn it way down or off.

• 3 months later...

Having trouble getting the backglass to show on my cabinet.

** I have checked the script and I normally look for (Set Controller = Create Object("B2S.Server")

** Also looked for options in the script

** Tried downloading a different backglass

Of course the files match on the Tables folder.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

I set up and was playing this table today... I love the way the lighting and materials are used to make the plastics, ramps, objects, etc... really pop out from the playfield.  It's just really artistically set up.  I was really able to appreciate it.

• 9 months later...

Is there a way to turn up the volume? The first time I started the table, there were NO sound effects, just the sounds of the mechs. I experimented with just pressing random keyboard buttons and found that I could turn up the sound effects to a barely audible level by setting it to -30db

As I recall, the real machine controls volume with a physical volume dial inside the cab. Is there a way to turn up the sound in the script or some other way?