64-colour dmddevice.dll?

FrankRT

Not yet. Has been discussed before. Currently Freezy is too busy with VPE, so, I'm not holding my breath. I've tried to nudge @DJRobX a few times. This is a hobby, if he doesn't bite, well, then we're going home empty handed from that fishing trip. Just be patient is my recommendation.

• Content Provider

For anyone wondering about freezys project. I have spoken to both freezy and DJRobX recently and they are both very well aware of the situation, as well as the impact this is having to the users. There is no need to create further posts or to tag either of them at this point. Let's all be patient on this one, thanks.

@FrankRT in regards to your question about an alternative that supports the new 64 colour format. Due to the way the code is handled and access to this code, it is unlikely there will be an official alternative. I believe lucky could create an extension of his Pin2dmd project, but that will take time and it will also depend on if it is worth it for him. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is Luckys dmddevice.dll in the new version 4.20 working with real DMD?
If I replace the dmddevice.dll from Freezy (12 MB) with the new one from Lucky (99KB) in folder vpinmame my real DMD stays black.
I previously updated my DMD firmware to 4.24.

Edited by krel01

19 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Which USB driver is installed for your device ? libusb-32 or winusb ?

If you use the old  libusb32 you need to install libusbk.dll in the same folder

Hi Lucky1,

many thanks for your hint! I used the ZADIG Tool to install a USB driver (WinUSB) and the DMD now works fine with your small dmddevice.dll and also with 64 Colored Roms (Creature from the black lagoon). Looks amazing! I am running a PIN2DMD EVO128x32 board. Is there a preferred usb driver? The WinUSB driver sounded ok for me and it works fine. Again many thanks for your help!

Greetings

Thomas

DMD Hinten.jpg

Edited by krel01