My One Year Anniversary

kapterb

• Content Provider

Hello Everyone,

Please excuse the rambling. 

Today is my one year anniversary into the world of Virtual Pinball. I want to thank everyone who makes this hobby what it is, there are too many of you to call out by name, and I would hate it if I left someone out so I will not be doing that. This goes out to the ones that work night and day, the ones who work a few times a week, to the ones who work once a month, to a few times a quarter. I appreciate each and everyone of you.

When I first heard about VP and started to look into it, I was the guy that was all about buying a premade cab with all the tables preinstalled, as my tech skills are not the best. Thankfully I started to research and found out this is not only a disservice to all the content creators, but a huge disservice to myself. To think I would have robbed myself of everything I have learned so far and not being part of this community would have been a big miss in my life. I'm also not sure how people who buy the premade machines know what to do if they want a new table down the line.... another topic for another day.

I have also learned that if you read and research, all the answers are there for you, now I say this but I am guilty myself of going straight to the source with a question or two sometimes out of exhaustion from looking for the answer, and honestly, sometimes just of laziness. Luckily I have not ran into anyone who has been upset about me reaching out, but can understand how one may when you get the same question over and over again, specially when the answer is already out there somewhere to be found.

When I first started I thought to myself... install FX3 and your good... funny thing now is I think I use FX3 maybe once every few months. The content that the creators have put out are nothing short of amazing. I started to even contribute myself, which I never thought would be possible. I would love to contribute more, but now that summer is here, my days are limited do to the outside activities, I plan to get back onto it in a few months when the weather turns again.

So again, to each of you the contribute, rather it be once or a million times, to the ones that answer all our questions, and to the ones who just want to enjoy their cab that they built, thank you for the best hobby I have ever been involved with... Here's to another great year, I can't wait to see what happens next. 

3 hours ago, kapterb said:

When I first heard about VP and started to look into it, I was the guy that was all about buying a premade cab with all the tables preinstalled, as my tech skills are not the best. Thankfully I started to research and found out this is not only a disservice to all the content creators, but a huge disservice to myself. To think I would have robbed myself of everything I have learned so far and not being part of this community would have been a big miss in my life.

Very well said @kapterb, couldn't agree more. @Dazz we need to pin this post for every newbie to see before jumping into this hobby and making a catastrophic decision of their own.