Pin2DMD black screen after attempted firmware update

I have a Pin2DMD running with an ST Nucleo F429ZI board (pic attached) and it's been running 2.64 for a couple years now with no issues. I decided to upgrade the firmware finally and selected the v4 Nucleo version which I believed to match my board. Updated using the .upd file on the SD card, it gave me the update screen briefly, then went black. I cannot seem to get the screen back at all. There's still power and lights on the back of the board and my PC detects it. I used the ST Link007 program (which connects to my board fine) but am confused as it only seems to have the option to update the ST firmware, not select your own file. I found an older version (Link4) which allowed me to select the PIN2DMD.bin file and it said it patched successfully but still no screen. I also tried the STM32CubeProgrammer program with the PIN2DMD.bin file which says it successfully wrote as well, but still nothing on the screen. 

I updated the ST firmware using Link007 and repeated everything again with the same results. 

Any thoughts or advice on what to try next? There seem to be so many different versions of the ST apps, ST firmware, and Pin2DMD firmware that maybe I'm just missing something obvious or using an incorrect version. 

pin2dmd.jpg

1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

Please try if it works with your ST-Link USB, the one on right side of the picture,  connected.

That ST-Link USB port is how I've been connecting it to the PC and updating it. Sorry, I took the pic before I started working on it and it was still connected to my cabinet.

• Content Provider

O.K. If you connect the ST-Link to a Windows PC, it should get a drive letter assigned. You can update the Nucleo by copying the bin file to that drive.

Please also connect power to the panels.

6 hours ago, lucky1 said:

O.K. If you connect the ST-Link to a Windows PC, it should get a drive letter assigned. You can update the Nucleo by copying the bin file to that drive.

Please also connect power to the panels.

I copied the PIN2DMD.bin file to the drive letter and it created a FAIL.txt file that says "The application file format is unknown and cannot be parsed and/or processed"

Oooh, success! I copied the .bin from the Master download and I have a screen now! Just had to copy over the activation key to the SD card too. In Pinup Popper, the bottom half of the DMD has a green tint which it didn't do before, but when I load a VPX table, the DMD is working great. Thanks much for your assistance!