Jump to content

Some animated wheels in media manager not appearing


Recommended Posts

I've been switching over all my wheels to animated ones.  My process has been to delete the current png wheel in media manager and then drag over the new apng file. For 98% of tables it's worked fine however for some I drag the apng over and it appears nothing happens. However it's there because if I drag it over again it asks if I want to replace or add and if I launch popper the animated wheel appears. However in the media manager it always shows the wheel as empty - as if it has no wheel even though it does. Is there a way to fix this so those wheels actually appear in media manager?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 9:21 AM, toaster777 said:

I've been switching over all my wheels to animated ones.  My process has been to delete the current png wheel in media manager and then drag over the new apng file. For 98% of tables it's worked fine however for some I drag the apng over and it appears nothing happens. However it's there because if I drag it over again it asks if I want to replace or add and if I launch popper the animated wheel appears. However in the media manager it always shows the wheel as empty - as if it has no wheel even though it does. Is there a way to fix this so those wheels actually appear in media manager?

If you haven't figured this out yet can you let us know specifically which animated wheels are not working for you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, studlygoorite said:

If you haven't figured this out yet can you let us know specifically which animated wheels are not working for you?

It's not that the wheels don't work. They do. The issue is in the Popper Media Manager the WheelImage shows as blank (the box is not green and clicking on it shows no files associated) but if I drag something onto the WheelImage box or select something from search it asks if I want to overwrite it. So the apng & png files are there but not displaying - also when you launch popper the apng works so the files are associated with the table but for some reason they don't display in Media Manager. I don't think it's related to the table but here are the ones not displaying for me in Media Manger: Batman '66, Big Bang Bar, Big Buck Hunter Pro, Big House, Bone Busters Inc., Cactus Canyon, Maverick, Medieval Madness, Rescue 911, Taxi, and T2. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, toaster777 said:

It's not that the wheels don't work. They do. The issue is in the Popper Media Manager the WheelImage shows as blank (the box is not green and clicking on it shows no files associated) but if I drag something onto the WheelImage box or select something from search it asks if I want to overwrite it. So the apng & png files are there but not displaying - also when you launch popper the apng works so the files are associated with the table but for some reason they don't display in Media Manager. I don't think it's related to the table but here are the ones not displaying for me in Media Manger: Batman '66, Big Bang Bar, Big Buck Hunter Pro, Big House, Bone Busters Inc., Cactus Canyon, Maverick, Medieval Madness, Rescue 911, Taxi, and T2. 

You are on this version of popper - https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Content Provider

Check media search in game manager and check  the box is blank on games having the issue. Other than that I would look at removing all the wheels from VPX and drag and drop them back in, in small batches and see if the problem continues. Not much help but only thing I can think of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, pritch33 said:

Check media search in game manager and check  the box is blank on games having the issue. Other than that I would look at removing all the wheels from VPX and drag and drop them back in, in small batches and see if the problem continues. Not much help but only thing I can think of.

In Games Manager via media search the WheelImage is not green and blank for those games - same as in Media Manager. Removing all the wheels and doing them again isn't worth the effort. They work, they just don't show. If I ever want to replace them with another wheel I need to go and delete the actual files and then add the new wheel. It's a pain but much less effort than redoing all my wheels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Content Provider

Did you also check the media search box in the game manager 

1 hour ago, toaster777 said:

In Games Manager via media search the WheelImage is not green and blank for those games - same as in Media Manager. Removing all the wheels and doing them again isn't worth the effort. They work, they just don't show. If I ever want to replace them with another wheel I need to go and delete the actual files and then add the new wheel. It's a pain but much less effort than redoing all my wheels.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pritch33 said:

Did you also check the media search box in the game manager 

 

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're asking as I thought I did. In Games Manager, I checked media search by clicking the media button and seeing the associated media for that game. Is that what you mean or something else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Content Provider
55 minutes ago, toaster777 said:

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're asking as I thought I did. In Games Manager, I checked media search by clicking the media button and seeing the associated media for that game. Is that what you mean or something else?

I was referring to this box. Don't think its  the issue but wanted to check.1762418413_gamemanager.thumb.PNG.1c655a3594a5e5cf365967e2bd09c406.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Content Provider
4 hours ago, toaster777 said:

For some reason I'm not seeing the image you posted

Maybe its been removed? That's on my main PC that I use for searching media and checking settings. I don't actually run pinball on it. I will check my cab later. I don't think its needed anymore anyway.  I think was from a baller installer beta version but media search was on all previous versions im sure? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, pritch33 said:

@toaster777Checked my cab and also has the media search in the game manger. Are you sure you don't have the option? Seems strange.

 

 

I was actually referring to your post - I wasn't seeing the posted image but I see it now. I have that media search field and it is blank  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Content Provider
7 minutes ago, toaster777 said:

I was actually referring to your post - I wasn't seeing the posted image but I see it now. I have that media search field and it is blank  :)

LOL sorry I misunderstood. Didnt think it was issue just a thought.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • Content Provider
On 11/23/2021 at 6:05 AM, jeffreco said:

Did you ever figure this out?  None of animated wheels work for me.   Even the previews don't work!

If the previews  are not displaying you need to update your popper version to the latest 1.4.6 version

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
  • Create New...

AdBlock Detected

This site uses advertising code blocks to show support for community vendors.
The site does not make any revenue from these vendors.

If you would like an Ad free experience; consider purchasing one of our subscriptions.
SubscribeToday_sm.png