Someone working on Williams' Hurricane

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My project game is sort of alive.  The irony is that the only major thing not working is the DMD controller - even when using the Pin2DMD.   It will take some time to sort that out; but, for now to keep my Hurricane reassembly process moving forward - I'll just borrow a controller from a working game.   

I can't guarantee how long this will take to colorize; but, considering I've got most of the attract mode working after only a little bit of work - I think it's safe to say, it won't be as big of a beast as the Shadow.   

I know everyone LOVES "clown puke" LEDs on their pins, so I've decided that Hurricane is going to pull the puke from the playfield and put it on the DMD instead.

When I worked on the Shadow, I sampled colors from the playfield, cabinet, and backglass.  Using the same approach for Hurricane so far is giving some interesting results.

*The colors are from the clown's pants on the playfield. 

grand_clown_puke.gif

hurr_logo.gif

hurr_logo1.gif

williams_clown_puke.gif

o wow @jedimastermatt i got this message a bit late so i react is also very late sorry for that 

but your sample already looks amazing 

i wil follow with suspense 

Thank you already for your effort I think you will make a lot of people happy with this

On 5/24/2022 at 3:31 AM, Xtra40 said:

o wow @jedimastermatt i got this message a bit late so i react is also very late sorry for that 

but your sample already looks amazing 

i wil follow with suspense 

Thank you already for your effort I think you will make a lot of people happy with this

Thanks.  I just got the game 99.9% working last night and moved it into the game room.  The only thing that needs fixed is the juggler ball popper needs a new compression spring, so it’s not firing consistently at this point.  

The game’s DMD controller was the culprit with the problems I was having with it.  I replaced it for now; but, hope to get the original sorted out at some point.   I haven’t seen this problem with a controller before.  Usually, it’s the high voltage that is shot on the board; but, on this one - it’s likely something in the logic part of it instead.  Occasionally, I could get a few lines of garbage pixels on the Pin2DMD.  The issue followed over to an AF I was swapping boards with.  Replacing it with a DMDLux resolved it. 

I hope to resume work on coloring Hurricane next week.  It should be fun.