Problem with stern colorisation with pinball browser mixed with standard editor

Hi,

I have a bug with my transformers. I make colorisation with pinball browser and it work fine. But in bumper animation, there is a dark line generated by SAM motherboard. With standard editor, I modify these screen (19) and attribuate keyframe for each. The problem is when an another screen appaer fast, the command by sidechannel (palette changing) is ignored because pin2dmd is still in bumper screen and when the next picture is on, the palette is 0-default palette.

I try to change palette in normal mode but nothing change. I try delay screen 1 / 10 / 25 but same issue.

pin2dmd 4.15 with last editor and palette 64 colors

Shall I remake all keyframing for palette?

Edited by Tiberium

• Content Provider

SideChannel commands do not interrupt pin2dmd editor scenes. You need to find another way to solve this e.g. by editing additional keyframes.

Furthermore pinball browser only uses 16 color palettes. Using it with 64 color palettes is untested. Best way is to convert to a pin2dmd editor project.

You can reuse the colorizations made in pinball browser by recording dumps of the colorized scene using the pin2dmd tool and cut them into scenes afterwards.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still working on it. The problem is that the default palette is selected when no keyframe is recognized. I want the active palette to always be active until the next recognized keyframe or the next side channel command. I want to turn off the default palette. Is it possible? On previous firmware, I remember (2.5x) it was like that

• Content Provider

Did you try dmd_persistentpalette=1 in smartdmd.txt for your project ?

Maybe pinball browser sets back to default palette if this option is not set.

6 hours ago, Tiberium said:

I want the active palette to always be active until the next recognized keyframe or the next side channel command.

In pin2dmd editor projects this is the default.

dmd_persistentpalette=1 -> Verified (from the beginning of my work)

If no fsq file on SD, palette don't change until another command on side channel was sent. I think it's not a problem on pinball browser or side channel. But if I put a fsq file on SD, the palette 0 is selected when no keyframe is recognize.

• Content Provider

In pin2dmd editor projects it is (and was) like that:

- Simple palette switches stay until the next keyframe

- Single frame colormasks stay until the next keyframe

- Colormask sequence, replace sequence, layered colormask and layered replacemask stay on the last matching frame until the next keyframe => synced to input through frame hashes

- Simple replace and multiple frame colormasks switch back to default palette if scene is ended. => not synced to input through frame hashes

I hope that helps

• Content Provider
On 8/19/2021 at 10:11 PM, Tiberium said:

Thank you for the summary of the different modes. I solved my problem with your answer.

I use the wrong mode (replace colormasks) when I had to use simple palette switch

Hi Tiberium, have you made this colour file for Transformers yourself? We are looking at porting over as many PB projects to native Pin2dmd projects. This eliminates the need for a serial cable and also has less limitations than PB. Let me know if this is something that you may be interesting in helping us achieve.

Thanks

I made this colorisation with a friend. So I can't share without his consent. We colored the screens without the filmed captures. I have modified a lot of scene in pinball browser. So I'm working on a modified pinball browser version without the side channel cable. And I modify a little on pin2dmd editor to upgrade a few scene which I can't do in pinball browser. So I don't want to make a native pin2dmd projects (and it's not possible to have transparency with pin2dmd editor).

Edited by Tiberium

• Content Provider
14 hours ago, Tiberium said:

I made this colorisation with a friend. So I can't share without his consent. We colored the screens without the filmed captures. I have modified a lot of scene in pinball browser. So I'm working on a modified pinball browser version without the side channel cable. And I modify a little on pin2dmd editor to upgrade a few scene which I can't do in pinball browser. So I don't want to make a native pin2dmd projects (and it's not possible to have transparency with pin2dmd editor).

No problem, thanks for the information. If you and your friend decide to release your PB version, please let us know. Thanks

On 8/22/2021 at 9:37 AM, lucky1 said:

What does that mean ?

I modify in pinball browser with transparency in transition (for example : a car which go from left to right and clean the screen). It's calculated by CPU and use transparency in pinball browser.

With pin2dmd editor, it's impossible to create a transition with transparency because dump don't have it.

• 1 month later...