pin2dmd firmware update not working with pup packs

I used latest .dll firmware for pin2dmd 4.10 and all is working great but now this .dll doesnt work with popper pup packs.

It completely stops pup packs from loading. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Which driver are you using for the PIN2DMD, Freezy’s or Lucky?  Freezy’s doesn’t work with the 4.xx firmwares yet and Lucky’s doesn’t support PUPs. If you are going to run 4.xx firmware on a PIN2DMD and want to use PUPs you have to use both dlls by renaming freezy from dmddevice.dll to dmdscreen.dll and turn off pin2dmd support in freezys config. That way you can use freezy for pup while using lucky’s to drive the PIN2DMD.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having issues getting GB working properly. Everything worked correctly on fw 3.20 before I upgraded to get 64 colors working.

I am running fw 4.16 on my pin2dmd and I have 64 colors working on my VPinMAME games that support it but I can't get the same files working in the VPinSPA folder and so GB no longer works correctly.

In the VPinSPA folder I can have the original files in it and have the pup pack working but no dmd, or if I put in Lucky1's latest dll and freezy's patched dll renamed to dmdscreen.dll and pin2dmd set to false, I get a dmd working, but no pup pack. These are the same files that work correctly on the other games in the VPinMAME folder.

Has anyone gotten 64 colors working on their pin2dmd and also GB working normally with the pup pack and also the dmd displaying?

• 8 months later...
On 7/4/2021 at 9:00 AM, movieguy said:

Which driver are you using for the PIN2DMD, Freezy’s or Lucky?  Freezy’s doesn’t work with the 4.xx firmwares yet and Lucky’s doesn’t support PUPs. If you are going to run 4.xx firmware on a PIN2DMD and want to use PUPs you have to use both dlls by renaming freezy from dmddevice.dll to dmdscreen.dll and turn off pin2dmd support in freezys config. That way you can use freezy for pup while using lucky’s to drive the PIN2DMD.

Is this still a thing or is someone's DLL now working properly in all cases? I'm asking because I had to do a bit of a cleanup on my vpin last week and I installed newer versions of a lot of the software. I was struggling to get the PIN2DMD display working with PuP-Packs until I stumbled across this post. I looked all over the place and on various sites and I do not recall seeing any mention of dmdscreen.dll anywhere before.

I'm now running FW 4.30 on my display, I have the latest Lucky1 DLL and I'm using Freezy's 1.10.2 DLL renamed to dmdscreen.dll. I made the necessary changes in the dmddevice.ini file and everything seems to be working fine for now. The DMD is showing what it should and the PuP-Packs are displaying properly. I've just been lazy and haven't updated the PIN2DMD to the latest firmware but I don't think that will make any difference.

I'd just like to know if I can use one DLL at this point and be done with all of this. I strictly run VPX and the Popper front end on my vpin.  I have 2 screens plus my PIN2DMD. Also, @lucky1 is there a way to include the version number on your DLL during compilation so it shows in the properties? It looks like there are ways for an end user to add it but it isn't simple.  When I flip back and forth between copies of the DLL I tend to lose track of what is what.

Thanks,

Dino Z.

• Content Provider
34 minutes ago, outhere said:

Freezy's New  1.10.2 should work with all games

It should work but there will be a 1.10.3 in the next few days which hopefully fixes the last remaining issues.

Just to be clear, will 1.10.3 give us PuP-Pack *and* 64 colour support? It's no problem running two DLLs now that I have it figured out but I'm sure others may have run into the same issue I did and couldn't get it working. 

Thanks for your feedback! 

• Content Provider
6 hours ago, dzorbas said:

Just to be clear, will 1.10.3 give us PuP-Pack *and* 64 colour support? It's no problem running two DLLs now that I have it figured out but I'm sure others may have run into the same issue I did and couldn't get it working. 

Thanks for your feedback! 

1.10.2 should already do this !