Led-Wiz Does Nothing - A Little Help Please ;)

Guest Scorpius

Guest Scorpius

Hi!

I am configuring the software before I start to build a cab. everthing works fine now (i.e. Future Pinball, Visual Pinball and HyperSpin), but now I try to add some RGB LED flashers with the LED-Wiz v2

unfortunatley I got no proof of life from my LED-Wiz.

I connected it as described in the "pinball electrical 101 v1.08" page 29

external psu 12v 1A

one RGB LED (i have 5 but for testing purpose just connected one of them)

in my FP folder i've got these files:

ledwiz.dll

ledwiz.h

ledwiz.lib

in the FP tables folder:

LedWIZ_Class.vbs

LEDWiz_settings.ini

LEDWizHelper.fpt

is there something missing?

the one rgb LED is connected to pins 21-23 as it is configured in the ledwiz.ini for the center flasher. I changed all other to "0"

(after that I got a Object LEDWIZtimer missing" error - i din't get this when the other flashers weren' changed to 0 btw)

for VP I also copied some files in the tables folder... and registered this ocx file... but nothing

perhaps you know what I am doing wrong?

for FP I tested the new Stern Tron table, which should support the LED-Wiz.

Guest Scorpius

lwsend.exe?

i tried it right now... nothing happens

I tried: lwz-sb1:255 - lwz-sb4:255

the other ledwiz87.exe didn't start

Maybe just use a simple push button light. have you tested the led with the power supply to verify it is also working as wired. Ledwiz87.exe starts minimized maybe it was hidden if it is right click and open panel then click LumAura Control from there you can turn on and off the outputs.

Guest Scorpius

YES! great... this Luma Aura thing works and the LED-Wiz does exactly what it is expected to. my eyes are dazzled right now, because the LEDs are so bright...

ok, so I can assume my LEDE-Wiz is ok... ;) but what is wrong with both FP and VP installations? btw: I find all the infos about how to install these files very confusing. for example in hyperspin forum a thread offers outdated files, which destroy the VP installation if used... perhaps I did not find the right source and manual?

PS: is it ok an d normal, the resistors are getting quite hot? the LED itself is not hot or even warm...

Guest Scorpius

hello ;)

perhaps someone can compare the files i have copied into the FP folder? am I missing something? or do I have to install something?

Guest Scorpius

it did ;) thank you!

Now I try to get Visual Pinball to work with LED-Wiz

I made an ledcontrol.ini with this tool

http://vpuniverse.com/ledwiz/index.php

and copied the files from here (http://vpuniverse.com/ledwiz/index.php) to the visual pinball/tables folder. the ocx file is registered (regsvr32 ledm05.ocx)

now it should work, right? it doesn't

I use Hyperpin with FPlaunch WIP 10

Guest Scorpius

yes, ledcontrol.vbs is in the tables folder and the ocx file is available in the link i posted above ;) as (I hope) all the files(?) you need to install the LED Wiz... but it doesn't work for me...

the wiring is right, it works with Future Pinball now - but does nothing in VP

Is this line in your core.vbs (version 3.42)?

LoadScript("ledcontrol.vbs"):Err.Clear ' Checks for existance of ledcontrol.vbs and loads it if found, if found but no ledwiz installed, clear error to allow loading of table

Thanks for the link to the ocx file, I was still missing that one.

See here for more info: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?17455-Indiana-Jones-and-the-Pinball-Crusade-(46-28-15)-build-project&p=178196&viewfull=1#post178196

Guest Scorpius

yes it is. it's the second last one

and the first line says 3.42 - so this should be fine

I checked the hyperpin folder and HPLEDcontrol.exe and .ini and FPLaunch are in there, too

• Content Provider

Did you generate an ledcontrol.ini file using the configtool?  If not, go in there, setup your port assignments and hit the generate config button.  It will give you the ini file you will need.

I would test with another table because somewhere (I don't know what forum) somebody was having Ledwiz problems with this table and all his other tables were working fine.

Guest Scorpius

which tables are supported? I thought AFM would be fine ;) I have tested some more, but perhaps I just chose tables, which arenT supported ;)

f.e. Medieval Madness? F14 Tomcat, and... hmmm let me think... Cirqus Voltaire.

are those supported? ah, Simpsons Pinball Party too... with all those I got nothing out of my LED-Wiz.

Guest Scorpius

YEAH! Finally both emulators work with LED-Wiz.

Thanks angrim, you were right. I have had an old version of ledcontrol.vbs. I really don't know where the old version was from, but when I deleted my version and copied the file which was definately the right one it worked ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I am still not able to get AFM working.  This is driving me nuts.  I have the latest files loaded, I put them in both the tables and scripts directories, to see if that would make a difference.

Still nothing working with Attack from Mars, or Attack and Revenge from Mars.  

I am running VP 9.1.5, ledcontrol.vbs  v0.2.4.7, core.vbs v3.42, and ledwiztoolbox vROSVE 21 JAN 2012.

I am at the end of my rope on this.  I used teh config tool to generate my control ini file.  Seems I ahve done everything correct, but I can not get these tables to use the ledwiz.

Any other ideas, ot anything else I might have missed?

Works fine on many tables, Addams Family, Big Bang Bar, Cyclone...

ARGHHHH :)

Cheers

Will

Ok, I may have missed an instruction or done a bone head move.  I copied my ledcontrol.ini file from the ini directory in VP and dropped it in the tables directory.  AFM now works.  

Did I miss that instruction somewhere?  Ah well, thanks for everyone posting on this thread seems through trial and error I have working feedback :)

Cheers

Will.

Archived