[New PuP-Pack Alert]Goonies PuPPack!

7 hours ago, Pin666 said:

Hi! I tried to setup this table too and had the problem that the red marked part in the pic attached of the pup pack doesn’t show anything. Are you referring to the same issue? If not, is there shown anything in this part on your setup?

FAA6C5B9-F96C-4B83-A404-E18B5A217C73.png

You have it better than I do -I don't even have that w/screen w/any video on my DMD. What option did you choose in the puppack to get that?

9 minutes ago, wryker said:

You have it better than I do -I don't even have that w/screen w/any video on my DMD. What option did you choose in the puppack to get that?

I'll have to get back to you on that, I just shut down everything for tonight. 

10 hours ago, KiwiBri said:

yes, exactly how you describe it. I have the same issue.  I managed to get *some* text to show up there, like the scores and skill shot instructions  but I *know* its not correct, as right now in your shot, there should be a blue "Ball Saved" video played there.  I went into the pup editor and I hid Layer 13, and that hides that frame, and then you get to see the DMD area there.. thats how I know its notworking quite right. 
btw - neat how you have your Pin2DMD (?) in your cab like that.

Ok, I think I get it now. That's the place where the DMD should be visible when not using a real DMD. I thought it should show some texts like 'Ball drained' or something. Because I saw them in the topper videos. So maybe it's not even a bug, because I use a real PIN2DMD. But would be nice then to get rid of the empty overlay.

4 hours ago, wryker said:

I think I used the seperate BG and Topper option. But I use the FlexDMD option for my PIN2DMD. You can set it in the script options.

On 11/27/2021 at 8:25 PM, wryker said:

I'm in the same boat as someone else - I have no score showing up. I have the BG w/the water flowing - but that's it. I have a 3rd screen for the DMD but nothing shows up

To make the LCD DMD score to show I had to do the following:

Search the Script for "TheGoonies" with no space. There comes up a line where it says in the remark something like "in the real world this should...." can't remember exactly, not at my cab atm.

I renamed it to "goonies", since that is what my pup folder is called.

That made the scoring LCD scoring show up in my case.

I have the scoring LCD show up (I have an LCD for my DMD - not a PIN2DMD) if I DON"T use the puppack.

If I use it, all I get is the BG w/the water flowing and no movies, call outs etc.....AND no score. The DMD just shows the attract pixelated "Goonies" logo etc...

10 minutes ago, wryker said:

I have the scoring LCD show up (I have an LCD for my DMD - not a PIN2DMD) if I DON"T use the puppack.

If I use it, all I get is the BG w/the water flowing and no movies, call outs etc.....AND no score. The DMD just shows the attract pixelated "Goonies" logo etc...

I'm in the same boat.  Only the waterfall, no other videos.  I was able to get the regular DMD to show by turning the DMD screen off in the pup pack config.

I'm back to regular backglass until someone gives some guidance on how to get this pup pack to work.

7 minutes ago, PocketDeucesNJ said:

I'm in the same boat.  Only the waterfall, no other videos.  I was able to get the regular DMD to show by turning the DMD screen off in the pup pack config.

I'm back to regular backglass until someone gives some guidance on how to get this pup pack to work.

There are 2 tables and even making an alias for one I can't get it to work without wiping out my DMD so I decided to just use the other BG for both.  I may go back and put the pixel DMD on one of the tables since I like the LCD DMD that it has (though no cool font).

10 hours ago, Pin666 said:

Ok, I think I get it now. That's the place where the DMD should be visible when not using a real DMD. I thought it should show some texts like 'Ball drained' or something. Because I saw them in the topper videos. So maybe it's not even a bug, because I use a real PIN2DMD. But would be nice then to get rid of the empty overlay.

Yeah, I was thinking perhaps the writing is for the Topper, so I made Topper screen visible on my setup (I dont have a topper - just made the window show on the playfield screen)  But I wasnt seeing the call outs there either. Just the "Goonies" logo fade in and out. 

I maybe have time later today to revisit this. 

I played around with this table and pup pack last night, learning as I go. It seems that the table script in my table is not sending the triggers (E triggers) to the pup pack.  Is there a different version of the table I should be using?

Can anyone please confirm the specific table and version that will work with this pup pack?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For everyone who does not have the videos playing: You need to edit the table script to allow puppacks. Go into the table editor through VPX and go into the script editor, find the line that says something like "allow puppack" or "allow pupvideos" and change it from false to true. I forgot what line exactly but its near the top. A quick search should find it.

• 4 months later...

Providing more details for those with video events not triggering (Back glass works, but is just the animated image of the Goonies with a waterfall).

Open the script for the table in Visual Pinball.

Change line 183 to True (Const enablePupPack        = True)

Make sure line 173 (Dim pGameName       : pGameName="TheGoonies") is also set to the same folder as your Goonies PupVideo folder.

Optional:

Change line 139 to True to use the PUPDMD if you're having problems with FlexDMD. If enabled, Change line 141 to False to disable FlexDMD

• 6 months later...

For those unable to get the score to work on PuPDMD; they have the cGameName set to 'goonies' in the table script; pGameName for PuP set to 'TheGoonies'.

This is likely causing the issue. I renamed my goonies folder in PuPVideos to TheGoonies (with all my pup content inside) and on the next launch the score DMD worked fine.

PuP will autocreate another goonies folder on the next restart which you can safely ignore. By default it auto-creates a PuP folder on first table launch; which is usually the romName e.g. cGameName variable.

However since these originals don't have Roms, this one takes the variable from cGameName. The mismatch between the PuP config and Cgame config is probably causing the score not to work while the remainder of PuP Pack is working.

Hope this eases someone's frustration.