Pinup Popper and animated GIFs for Wheels don't work

• 2 months later...
  • Content Provider
21 hours ago, Riseagainst said:

As far as I figured out you need pinup 1.4.6+ In order to display them. I have 1.4.6.46 and apng files are not even shown in median manager as preview. Don't know...

Can you open an APNG file on your cab. Have you updated all 4 .exe files included in the last update 

• Content Provider
On 8/24/2021 at 3:07 PM, Riseagainst said:

No they dont open in the preview.

Im not asking if you can preview them. I was asking if you can open a APNG file on your cab? Download a wheel from this site then open it on the PC you use for pinball. Not in the frontend or using media manager. If it doesn't open Associate the file to google chrome then open it and see if it now opens. Second half of my question you didn't answer. Have you updated to the latest release of popper there are 4 exe files in the download  copy and paste them over your existing files. I'm not sure what the release numbers are as I'm running a beta version. Delete previous media before  adding the APNG files. It will create a matching PNG image as it takes a second for the APNG wheel to kick in. 

• 1 month later...

I have all the latest version of the pinup popper, etc...still can't get animated wheel images to work.  I saved them in the wheel folder with the standard ones.  I have both the animated on and the standard one in the media manager for the tables.  Apng and png files.  Thanks for any help.

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider
On 9/29/2021 at 7:34 AM, BrentsLane said:

I have all the latest version of the pinup popper, etc...still can't get animated wheel images to work.  I saved them in the wheel folder with the standard ones.  I have both the animated on and the standard one in the media manager for the tables.  Apng and png files.  Thanks for any help.

Not sure if you solved this but maybe of use to others also searching for an answer. Delete your old wheel first  easy way in media manager is to click on the green wheel box and it will show the wheel name in text. Right click and remove/delete the file then drag and drop your APNG file in the wheel box. It will generate a PNG file as well due to the APNG file taking a little time to kick in.

On 11/26/2021 at 2:11 PM, pritch33 said:

Not sure if you solved this but maybe of use to others also searching for an answer. Delete your old wheel first  easy way in media manager is to click on the green wheel box and it will show the wheel name in text. Right click and remove/delete the file then drag and drop your APNG file in the wheel box. It will generate a PNG file as well due to the APNG file taking a little time to kick in.

thanks... all good now!

Having this issue.  Have not been able to preview or open animated wheels in popper at all.  I just downloaded and installed about two weeks ago, so I'm assuming I'm current.  Double checked pinup to be sure.  I can preview .apng, but had to download Chrome to be able to do so.  It's a fresh install of windows 10.  Would love any help with this! Not a big deal, but it would be nice to be able to use some of these cool wheels!

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, jeffreco said:

Having this issue.  Have not been able to preview or open animated wheels in popper at all.  I just downloaded and installed about two weeks ago, so I'm assuming I'm current.  Double checked pinup to be sure.  I can preview .apng, but had to download Chrome to be able to do so.  It's a fresh install of windows 10.  Would love any help with this! Not a big deal, but it would be nice to be able to use some of these cool wheels!

If you used baller you will still need to download the latest version and update as APNG was not available when that was release. Im guessing but baller wont be updated till some of the other software included is out of beta.  Its also running older version of Freezy and flexDMD https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

On 12/2/2021 at 2:26 PM, pritch33 said:

If you used baller you will still need to download the latest version and update as APNG was not available when that was release. Im guessing but baller wont be updated till some of the other software included is out of beta.  Its also running older version of Freezy and flexDMD https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

Thanks SO much!  Didn't realized that I wasn't on most current!  That did it!

• 2 months later...
On 12/2/2021 at 2:26 PM, pritch33 said:

Thank you for this

• 4 weeks later...