Adding Custom Stuff, Lw3 Flashing Lights Assy Topper

wowter

I cannot seem to find anything in the manual related to which lamp/switch/whatever controls the topper (rotating blue light).  I am trying to hook up  led rotating blue and red lights.  I was thinking it should be as simple as adding the appropriate light number (which i cannot find in the manual) to an empty slot in the config (like gears, which i dont have), and then hooking the lights to the corresponding terminal......

any ideas?

• Content Provider

That sounds like a cool idea.  Arngrim might be the right person to ask.  He's been doing so many ledwiz configs, that he could probably find the right light numbers in half a second.

sorry for being unclear, and thank you for jumping in.

Lethal Weapon 3 has a single rotating lamp as a topper. This lamp is activated at the start of multiball. L41, 42, 43 are actual playfield lights, which light up and go off before and during multiball (i think).  Are there usually "secret" lamps or switches, not covered by the manual? 

and may i say i like what you are doing with the strobe configs for tables!  Thanks for the effort!

prd6c7496a5-2dca-4cd7-a44e-e1a7f3744fae.

• Content Provider

Thanks, you are welcome ;)

OK i see what you are talking about now

Yeah, the data east doc are quite crappy...

I never played the real piinball, and it's difficult to find on long game in youtube, with the full cabinet.

I think it's s14 but i'm not sure, try and let me know ;)

Thanks for looking, the lamps will come today (hopefully), so i can try it for real.   Wildman: Indeed, on page 46 there is a "mars light", i did not know "mars" was an american company making safety lighting..... so i had no clue it could mean the topper......  

It says sol drive 14 Q25,  what does the Q25 mean?

I will try S14 first, and let you know,

Heres a youtube short with a replacement topper on an actual machine:

• Administrators

Q25 is the transistor that fires ( turns on and off) soleniod 14

connect to pin 7 on plug cn12...should be brown-blue wire

the pic your looking at on page 46 is the way to hook it  up...

thats what I see,,start there...good luck

I missed the mailman, but I tested with a led, and S14 is indeed correct. It goes off shortly during some other events too, but stays on during multiball. According to the interwebs that seems accurate.

thanks!

Archived