[New VP10 Alert] Bad Cats (Williams 1989) VPW Mod

On 12/15/2023 at 1:02 PM, dacstyle said:

I have a problem that happens randomly on this table, and it's that when shooting to the central ramp, the ball goes through the bottom and falls on the right side, as if I had shot to the left ramp (tiger ramp).

It seems that there is a missing transparent wall that should block this behavior on the central ramp.
Some friends told me they experienced the same issue.

I experienced that recently too.

On 12/13/2023 at 8:30 AM, phillipmasur said:

Missing Pinballs for some reason. Any advise?

I'm having a similar issue. I tried upgrading to the latest version of VPX and still no pinball. Game starts, flippers work, I can tilt out, but no ball ever appears in the shooter lane.

I'm not sure if this could be related, but I had a different version of Bad Cats which uses the same rom. It seems to work fine. I'm still new to VPX / VPinMame so I'm not sure if it's caching rom data somewhere, but I also noticed when I started up the VPW version that it remembered the number of credits?

Edit: I'd upgraded VPX but not VPinMame, I'll try that now.

Edit 2: still no luck with VPinMame 3.5

Edited by zephmann

• Content Provider

@Rabmos thank you for the clear (if tiny) bug reports!  The ramp gate is already fixed and ready for the next patch and the F12 VR behavior has an open issue on the VPX GitHub.

For the tiger ramp - the decal is below the plastic, so could it be the refraction that you're seeing?  To test you could delete the render probes in the editor.

Edited by Wylte

19 hours ago, Wylte said:

@Rabmos thank you for the clear (if tiny) bug reports!  The ramp gate is already fixed and ready for the next patch and the F12 VR behavior has an open issue on the VPX GitHub.

For the tiger ramp - the decal is below the plastic, so could it be the refraction that you're seeing?  To test you could delete the render probes in the editor.

Thanks for the great feedback! Nice that the ramp gate is fixed. Yes, the tiger image of the tiger ramp is fixed by I deleting the render probe, it's crystal clear now and not "changing" anymore.

On 12/21/2023 at 8:50 AM, Wylte said:

There is one more "bug" / possible improvement: now I'm REALLY nitpicking I must say but I still see it everytime that I use the plunger: I have a pinscape plunger, the outside part of the plunger in VR goes quick/as in reality. But the white part (inside of the table) goes simply to slow, way slower then in real life, the spring of the plunger. So I think that it would be nice to tweak this a bit for the next release to make it faster. Not mandatory but it would be a nice little improvement imo. Thanks for the amazing work again!