Colored roms are crashing

I did a re-install of my setup (because of new hardware) but I can't get my PIN2DMD working normally.

I used the Baller installer and put my data back to the corresponding folders.

The default orange roms are working but when I start a colored rom for example 24 or AFM, the display is changing color but in a flash the display is gone. After that I can't start any other rom (the display has crashed), so I have to start the STLink Utility and connect/disconnect to activate the PIN2DMD again.

When I change the DmdDevice.ini and enable the virtual dmd (and disable the PIN2DMD) the colored roms are working (on the monitor).

I have the latest PIN2DMD bin file so at the moment I'm on 4.10 firmware.

I used Zadig to install the libusb0 (1.2.6.0) driver instead of the WinUSB (v6.1) driver.

When I use my original or updated DmdDevice.dll (8.9 or 12.1MB) the roms are "crashing".

If I use the DmdDevice.dll from the PIN2DMD folder within the VPinMAME folder (which is only 91kb?) the rom is not starting at all.

But strange thing is when I start Setup.exe (VPinMAME Installation program) and test for example 24, the colored rom is working on the PIN2DMD.

I also tried different versions of dmdext from 1.8.0 to 1.9.0 but it makes no difference.

So at the moment I'm a little bit confused where to look for the problem.

Any idea what to check or change?

Edited by BlackPredator72

Or not? I was a bit too enthusiastic. Hours of frustration and trying things.

Did I use the correct .dll? Am I using the correct USB driver for the PIN2DMD?

With one .dll I had colors on my displays but PUP didn't react anymore, with the other .dll exactly the other way around.

Almost gone mad until I rolled back to the previous firmware of the PIn2DMD.

I was at 4.10 but now went back to 3.20 and guess what?

Everything works as it should again.

I saw that the activation support was stopped at 31.12.2020, but I think I missed the announcement that firmware 4+ is not supported anymore for my device.